The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what springs are best/how much of a drop

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

what springs are best/how much of a drop

hey guys if its a stupid q. forgive me im new .....i have 2005 galant 4cyl ..i just put some 20inch vossen rims on it tires 245/35/20 {no they dont rub not yet atleast } and i want to lower it ......just enough to cover the gap in the front and a little in the back what is the best /cheapest springs and most important what size drop do you think i need ....thanks for the help
    Last edited by rude; 01-15-2010 at 10:17 PM

It isnt about whats best its about what you're doing. Search the 9G section.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    How big is the gap?? Any pictures??

hey im trying to post pics but it tells me im not allowed to post attachments

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

^^Just upload them to photobucket or imageshack and copy the [IMG] code

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Ok I think you should take a ruler or something to measure your gap and post those measurements here. Also you should know that the 4g Eclipse is the same as the 9g galant suspension wise. So lowering springs from the eclipse will work. Ok so you should take a better quality pic of the side of the car, and measure the gap.

4g64T 5spd

If I were you, I would drop the cash on a set of good coilovers. It sounds like with the big wheels you would want to have full adjustability on your ride height to keep it at the look you want. With the coilovers you will be able to independently set the rar from the front at where you want it to sit. IMO.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.