The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Factory Radio code help

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Factory Radio code help

looking for some assistance. A coworker of mine's parents have an 8G with a factory radio. They replaced the battery and now the radio is locked out. They didn't buy the galant new and now realize they dont have the code. Anyone know of a dealer that will give the radio code over the phone with the vin number and radio serial number?

thanks in advance
    Jason
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

That happen to me they gotta call adealer and with the vin number they can get the code.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I don't think so, the dealership needs to make sure that it isn't a stolen radio and they need to physically see the radio serial and car VIN, unless theres someone here that can do it for themselves.

4g64T 5spd

I got my stock radio with the code -- 0655. Have them pay for shipping and I'll send it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nando View Post
    That happen to me they gotta call adealer and with the vin number they can get the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    I don't think so, the dealership needs to make sure that it isn't a stolen radio and they need to physically see the radio serial and car VIN, unless theres someone here that can do it for themselves.
    yeah I figured the same. But I know I have read some posts either here or club3g where the dealer will do it over the phone. Who wants a stock 8G radio haha
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    I got my stock radio with the code -- 0655. Have them pay for shipping and I'll send it out.
    I will let him know of this option. Thanks Rich. I appreciate it.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Sure, no problem.

I just called my local dealer and asked to talk to the parts department, they gave me the code over the phone. I think most people are pretty cool about this if you don't sound too shady and have a legit reason for needing it.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    they charged me 50 bucks for it -_-

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I got charged like $30 and I only wanted it cause i was getting some new speakers but wanted to keep the same HU and many people told that it was going to lock up at the end I didn't used it cause it did not blocked.

4g64T 5spd

i got a 2001 cd radio if intr.with the code.

just grab the serial number, call up the dealer that the car came from. tell them your name and the reason you want the code. they will look it up on the computer and just give you it. i think if you stole it, as long as you dont say anything, they would probably still give you it. It's like dumb why its even on there.

just had to do this 2 weeks ago in a 2002 honda accord that my friend drives. i didnt even know radio's had codes until then

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

just so you know, if you have the stock radio just take it out and its a number on the back you can give them as reference and they will give you the code. I would call first saying my radio is asking for a code like you are stupid. then call back like thirty minutes later and say that you took it out to get to the code and here it is. :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Most will not give yuo the code over the phone. Even if you go to the dealer they want some proof that the car is indeed yours. You need the serial number off the radio.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Most dealerships request you fax them a copy of the registration and the serial# for the radio, this way they have on file who they gave it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    call keene mitsubishi they call it fairfield though in keene new hampshire they'll ask for the vin and the serial number but they'll give to you over the phone i had do it when i bought my G last year with the factory infinity radio... i guess they match the vin and serial # the number is 1-603-352-7700 ask for parts...

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed