The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question about 5 speed shifter linkage

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

question about 5 speed shifter linkage

could any body post a picture of how does the shifter cable go though the firewall?

and the second question is, the budget list did not get any clutch hose and clutch pip and other hydraulic fluid hose, so does that mean i don't need it?

The shifter cables go through the same location your factory auto cable went through. You have to pull the auto linkage (complete PITA) and then fish the manual linkages through the same hole.

And what exactly are you asking for the second question? There is a small rubber line from the master cylinder to the reservoir and a small steel line that goes from the master to the slave. Those are the only lines, is that what you are asking about?

thanks for the advise, i will double check

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    just get the SS line from slowboy that goes straight from your master to your slave. direct connection, no bs.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I'am looking for a shifter cable for a 1998 Gallant does anyone know where i can get or another piece i can replace it with

a junkyard. Or contact Al...he seems to have everything. BronxBomber I think it is

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    SS is the way to go.. That's what I did. Also, instead of getting the stock 3G reservoir with the separate hose, they have a reservoir that sits on top and looks much cleaner. If you search for the how to 6g72 5speed swap thread, its in there and so is the part number.

thanks i called a junk yard and found a 1994 but i dont know if it will fit and for the ss line is there any more information on that.. and also how can i contact al

I already contacted bronx bomber

Any other information is more then welcome

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Sold the last 2 I had.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678