The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 994G64 Monster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 47
    99Galant4G64

994G64 Monster

I have a 8G galant & Building A 4G64 w/Manley Rods, Balanced Crankshaft, J.E. Custom Pistons 8.5.1, Ported & Polished SOHC head, Ported EVO 9 Turbo Manifold, Stock 16G EVO 9 Turbo, AMS intercooler pipes, Welbro 255 Fuel Pump. Not sure what injectors or blow off valve or what computer system to use... But looking to build a monster!!!!
    Last edited by 99Galant4G64; 01-17-2010 at 08:13 PM

Welcome to TGC| Where ya located at? good luck with the build. Anyother mods? any pics?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

99Galant4G64
    Here in NY. Pics up soon Just bought the car, Its a mess other than 03 Eclipse factory 17's but nothing that cant be fixed..
    Other mods that will be done are, VR4 front bumper, VR4 grille, 3" exhaust motor bock, Evo hood, Tokico struts, Eibach pro kit, Rear disc brakes (V6 galant) And a full custom interior. Other than that as it comes it will be done.
    Last edited by 99Galant4G64; 01-17-2010 at 06:31 PM

Sounds like a beast in the making. Keep us posted on your progress!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

where in NY? keep eye on the midatlantic section for upcoming meets
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

99Galant4G64
    Nassau county Massapequa

blue8g
    why shock/spring combo vs. coil-overs?

99Galant4G64
    I dont like Coil-overs they bounce over every bump. The only way I know is to change struts and springs.
    Last edited by 99Galant4G64; 01-17-2010 at 08:44 PM

blue8g
    ummm seriously? c/o's cost more than shocks/springs

Quote Originally Posted by 99Galant4G64 View Post
    Coil-overs are the cheap way to go and bounce over every bump. The real way is to change struts and springs.
    You need a buddy. I am located in Levittown haha. You are looking at the wrong coilovers and info if you think they are cheap. I have springs and struts, but I am planning to upgrade to coilovers.

Welcome to TGC we are trying to set up a meet next weekend here is the thread.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39829

Experienced TGC Member
    Coil-overs are the cheap way to go and bounce over every bump. The real way is to change struts and springs.
    You got that all bassackwards man. Spring and shock combos are the "poor mans" suspension when you get into the performance stuff. The spring is just for a drop with a different spring rate maybe, but pairing that with a set of shocks not intended for a drop is only reducing the effectivness of the setup. ure the car looks cool, and probably rides nice...but if you are serious about the suspension like you are the engine build...prepare to be disappointed on many levels of handling performance over a coilover system.

Definitely need to get some pictures up of the project too though

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

99Galant4G64
    I had coil-overs on my old 2001 Galant They bounced all over I guess things have gotten better. But I'm crazy about suspension and the only way I know is struts springs big bar upgrades and good bushings.

blue8g

^you're probably thinking about those

v I mean these:

I had coil-overs on my old 2001 Galant They bounced all over I guess things have gotten better. But I'm crazy about suspension and the only way I know is struts springs big bar upgrades and good bushings.
    what brand did you have? and how much was it? any pics of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post

^you're probably thinking about those

v I mean these:

Skunk should rename themselves junk but I love those Tein-SSPs those are what I want to upgrade to I am impressed with the quality of teins springs and imagine the c/os will be much better

99Galant4G64
    Info is what I need Tell me which way to go. I need the car to handle

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    there is a guy over on c3g that is selling his Tein SS's for dirt cheap ! also you could look around there for guys selling their OEM strut bars which are a direct bolt on for us, i got mine over there for around 70 total, but you might be able to find something cheaper.

99Galant4G64
    Get some pics up of the car when the rain stops. Pics of the build will come when the motor comes out 2/21 getting tired of staring at parts

Get some pics up of the car when the rain stops. Pics of the build will come when the motor comes out 2/21 getting tired of staring at parts
    yeah I wanted to take pics of the G today, but the damn rain ruined it.

You busy tomorrow? Maybe we could meet up and take some pics around mid day the weather should be good.

99Galant4G64
    Yea they were the shit ones. I retract my statement. Guess I'm going coil-overs

99Galant4G64
    Store manager massapequa firestone And you wana take pics it'll be of my 07 Maxima. The galant is not pic quality. Rims thats bout it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast