The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hid xenon kits

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 53

Icon4 hid xenon kits

hi there..just wanted to ask you..does any one knows how to install a HID XENON KIT..on the 1999 galant....i installed the xenon..but they are not bright as they need to be.what i did is plug it and play..i didn't do nothing else more..but i was watching the youtube video and it shows that i got to run the wire from a car battery to a fuse..so can someone tells me instructions..or is there a diagrams or informations that i can do that..thanks

I think those are the old kits I have a digital ballast HID kit and it plugged straight into harness.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I think those are the old kits I have a digital ballast HID kit and it plugged straight into harness.
    Yeah, kits are dirt cheap now, they should just plug right into the spot where your old Halogen bulbs where. what does your kit look like ?

my kit is look like simular to this one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...Q5fAccessories

it's not the same but it's simular..so can you tell me do i need to do put the wire to a plus of the battery and to put the fuse in there and put the another end of the wire to a minus from battery..to get the lights brighter..now all i can see they are not a bright as i can see an another cars.what digital ballast can do...can someone explain to me..and how much and where to get it..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacak22 View Post
    my kit is look like simular to this one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon...Q5fAccessories

it's not the same but it's simular..so can you tell me do i need to do put the wire to a plus of the battery and to put the fuse in there and put the another end of the wire to a minus from battery..to get the lights brighter..now all i can see they are not a bright as i can see an another cars.what digital ballast can do...can someone explain to me..and how much and where to get it..thanks
    you dont need an extra wire

The corresponding colors are what plugs where each plug has all the plugs to each ballast I just circled whichever was open. If it is not bright it can be a cheaply made set I have digital ballasts with 35w 4300K Ill see if I can get you a picture of the lights on a wall or something here is what they looked like installed. Mine are in projectors, but your reflectors should show a lot of light as well.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 01-18-2010 at 06:46 PM

I've never seen an aftermarket hid kit that plugged directly into a car's harness....

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE View Post
    I've never seen an aftermarket hid kit that plugged directly into a car's harness....
    ddm tuning has them, thats how mine is wired.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    ddm tuning has them, thats how mine is wired.
    x2

thats how mine look from ddm
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 01-18-2010 at 07:18 PM

Plug and Play !

i got ballast and bulbs which is 30k..producing blue color

30K that should be like fucking Violet lol. You want either 6000 or 8000 they still have bluish tint but produce more light the higher the K after 6000 the duller they are. BMWs and most companies use 4300-4500K which is what I have.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Thats your problem 30k don't do sh!t, I have 8000K and they are awesome but 6000k is better, and 30000K should be like violet or pink.
    HID kits nowdays just need to be plugged directly on the OEM harness and thats all Plug N Play.

4g64T 5spd

which types of bulbs produces all blue color..are they 10k or others..i want to get new bulbs with ballasts...

which types of bulbs produces all blue color..are they 10k or others..i want to get new bulbs with ballasts...
    8k is blue. 6k has a blue tint but is white.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Pure blue I think is like 10,000K or 12,000k but the visibility is horrible. If your going for visibility only go with 6000K(White with little blue tint) if your going for looks and functionality go with 8,000K(Bluer than 6K but still functional), that what I have and I love them. Its your choice but anything beyond 8,000K is strictly for looks and no functionality/visibility.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 01-19-2010 at 05:09 PM

4g64T 5spd

if you dont have projectors and you are using a higher K-temp bulb, it looks really tacky IMO.

well i don't got projectors..my galant is 99 and it has stock headlights..but i just want to get a all blue color bulbs..i think that 12k is a all blue..by meaning with word all i meant trying to say when you driving a car the ground or the road should be blue color..nothing else..is a crystal color good..the one that bmw and audi has,,what is that number of k...

ALL OEM APPLICATIONS ARE 4300-4500K. The blue that you see is because of the projector lense, its called lense flicker, where the focus lines are.

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    ALL OEM APPLICATIONS ARE 4300-4500K. The blue that you see is because of the projector lense, its called lense flicker, where the focus lines are.
    x2 the lens flicker is also a good thing so since the blue isnt as bright if your light shines in someones eyes it doesnt blind them. I have OEM specs and I am very happy.

so if i get the projection headlight than it would be good for those hid xenons kits...or lets say the lights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast