The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What Mitsu vehicle uses 7G VR4 Brakes ?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

What Mitsu vehicle uses 7G VR4 Brakes ?

Can any one inform if any USA model Mitsubishi uses the same brake set up as the 7G JDM Galant VR4 ? (Maybe Eclipse or 3000GT or Diamante)
    I already have the following info :
    7G & 8G JDM Galant VR4 uses same disc brake pads. EBC(same as Pajero also)
    7G has 4 lug nuts.
    8G has 5 lug nuts.
    EBC has Turbo Goove Discs which are Vented,Grooved and Dimpled (GD974), for the 8G VR4, nothing for the 7G VR4. If only they had something for the 7G VR4.
    Can anyone cross-refernce Mitsu parts ? What works on what, etc ?
    Thanks,
    Ed

damn it being a 7g Im clueless....i do know the 8g vr4 uses the 3000gt brakesetup

Chad
    My VR4 pads are the same as the Lancer Evo 1 and 2! Don't know if its the same callipers though :!:

gssplaya

hmm

ok..

first of all, the 7g can accept the dual piston brakes of the 6g VR-4 and the rotors as well. The 7g can also accept the calipers of the eclipse gsx and the same goes for the evo dual piston calipers.

the pajero dual pistons are too large and too heavy for the 7g. trust me, ive tried

the normal diamante uses thicker single piston calipers, although i dont know for the MIVEC diamante.

Wanna convert your 7g to five stud? i'll tell you guys soon how to. This mod opens a lot of options. im keeping a lid on this for now coz i gotta be really sure it does work.

the 8g VR-4 still has dual piston brakes. 3000gt VR-4 has 4 pot calipers

Now heres the funny part. Pajero brake pads (EBC, bendix, etc) will fit the 7g dual piston brakes, eclipse dual pistons, 6g dual pistons and the Evo dual pistons of course. This is in line with mitsu's cost cutting.

bad news is that in our dual piston brake setup, our pistons are smaller then that of the pajero's 22.07 diameter each piston to be exact but many people believe that theyare the same coz of the housing. which does look alike.

So whats my point? dual piston brakes for mitsu vehicles are different from mitsu SUV's and this means that their repair kits are also different. I know this from experience since i rebuilt my dual pistons. damn thing's seal blew the repair kit components are smaller than the pajero/ montero's

oh, anyway, im running 6g dual piston brakes on my VR-4 mated to EBC pads for the pajero but ill soon change to bendix. much cheaper!. i could send you guys pics. just e-mail me at [email protected]

ciao!
    carlos