The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drilled and slotted...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37

Drilled and slotted...

It is time for me upgrade the brakes. I am wanting to go with drilled and slotted rotors but not sure to buy them from. Are the ones sold on ebay any good? Anyone have any experiance with them? And is the an upgrade for my calipers other than Brembos? I cant afford those right now, but would be great. I didnt know if the Eclipse RS/GT had better ones or not.

Thanks for the help.

-Nathan
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

R1Concepts.

Or ImportCarPartsPlus.

Those would be your best choices. Most here choose R1Concepts. Other than the calipers you have, going to brembo's is just about the only actual cheap upgrade. You could choose a company like Endless that makes a 6-pot mini Caliper for the Lancer Evo 8/9, but that is pricey, and certainly out of most people's car budget.

So if you want evo brembo's don't forget to check EVOM, or Craigslist. They are going for a dime a dozen now, and should be pretty easy to come by a set of EVO Brembo's for a few hundred bucks.

Experienced TGC Member
    theres a set of all 4 brembo calipers om dsmtuners for 350
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    R1Concepts.

So if you want evo brembo's don't forget to check EVOM, or Craigslist. They are going for a dime a dozen now, and should be pretty easy to come by a set of EVO Brembo's for a few hundred bucks.
    I will x2 for R1concepts I used them for my e36 brakes and the brakes are amazing.

Damn, thanks for the quick response. I will check out R1Concepts. Thanks again.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    only options you have that aren't brembo...is rear disc conversion if you don't already and dual piston calipers from 99-00 v6 galant or a 00 eclipse gt...the rotor is a slight bit larger ...3000gt sl's,and gsx use this rotor the calipers are dual piston on theirs also but the knuckle pattern doesn't match ours.....when i did my caliper swap from 02 to 99 v6 the consensus on club3g is that for initial braking force stock single pistons were better.. but dual pistons were more resistant to fade in consistant braking..
    Last edited by 02redgalant; 01-19-2010 at 03:49 AM

yup check r1 for sure,they gave me a good deal when i recently upgraded

Icon1

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    It is time for me upgrade the brakes. I am wanting to go with drilled and slotted rotors but not sure to buy them from. Are the ones sold on ebay any good? Anyone have any experiance with them? And is the an upgrade for my calipers other than Brembos? I cant afford those right now, but would be great. I didnt know if the Eclipse RS/GT had better ones or not.

Thanks for the help.

-Nathan
    X3 on R1Concepts.. I have the same exact car black o2 Galant ES, got the drilled and slotted rotors from R1Concepts. They are very good and i'm happy with it. PS get the premium set.

Experienced TGC Member
    I bought my set of powerstop rotors and pads on EBay last summer for about $340-360. Drilled and slotted, they are well machined products and fitment was perfect.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

R1 Concepts is a vendor on here if im not mistaken. Since we are members dont we get some kind of discount or special sale? Already got a set of drilled and slotted rotors from them with Hawk Hps pads that im very happy with, but I was just curious?

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

i've had my r1 rotors since 07 and i've had no problems out of them

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Ive been dealing with R1 Concepts for about @ least 4-5 years. That was b4 I was a Galant owner, when I had my 240SX. I've never had an issue, & they always have had great customer service. I highly recommnend them.
    I upgraded to the V6 Dual piston Calipers with D/S Rotors & SS Brake lines from R1 also. Noteable difference, worth the trouble, & didnt cost much @ all. Rear disc conversion would be the only other thing I might do.
    Brembos are overkill for 4 & 6 Cyl G's unless your going to Turbocharge it. Just not enough HP to need that much braking power with an NA setup.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thanks guys. I have looked at R1 and i am very happy with my decision to choose them. Their prices are even right. lol. Ill be getting these and doing rear disc soon, i hope. lol

Thanks again.

@Ivory_G- Thanks for the info. Glad to here that the Brembos are over kill. That means i can get the R1 rotors with confidence and not feel like i could have done better. Brembo's will just have to wait till i go FI. Thanks again, man.

Honestly, save for the brembos, I paid 400 shipped for the brembos, with almost brand new pads, on evo M, and bought some stoptech rotors for them, which were spendy, but R1 concepts is very affordable. Also, take the opportunity to get the SS lines while youre in there already.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Thanks guys. I have looked at R1 and i am very happy with my decision to choose them. Their prices are even right. lol. Ill be getting these and doing rear disc soon, i hope. lol

Thanks again.

@Ivory_G- Thanks for the info. Glad to here that the Brembos are over kill. That means i can get the R1 rotors with confidence and not feel like i could have done better. Brembo's will just have to wait till i go FI. Thanks again, man.
    No prob
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Icon1

Thanks again.

Let us know when you rock them. Before you put them on make sure you clean them with break cleaner because they come with some type of factory oil. When you first break with them you will feel like is sliding a bit but that’s normal.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Brembos are overkill for 4 & 6 Cyl G's unless your going to Turbocharge it. Just not enough HP to need that much braking power with an NA setup.
    Im gonna have to disagree with you on that one, Ive overheated the stock brakes NUMEROUS times. I would go through a set of pads in 3 months. This was only a little bit of spirited back road driving too. Brembos are worth the money...
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Yeah brembos are not overkill I track my car so the stock Parts were garbage for me
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Im gonna have to disagree with you on that one, Ive overheated the stock brakes NUMEROUS times. I would go through a set of pads in 3 months. This was only a little bit of spirited back road driving too. Brembos are worth the money...
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Yeah brembos are not overkill I track my car so the stock Parts were garbage for me
    You guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I didnt say all stock parts, Im referring to stock Dual Piston Calipers from the V6. If you have these combined with SS brake lines, performance pads, & D/S rotors, thats good enough for any NA Daily Driver. No one had referred to any track racing. If you are building a track car for regular use, then Brembos would be of good use. Or if you plan on building a fully built Turbocharged motor.
    Otherwise if you are just daily driving with Brembos and ur not Turbocharged or track racing, they're going to waste. And you prob just want the looks. Thats what Im saying.
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 01-20-2010 at 01:39 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    You guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I didnt say all stock parts, Im referring to stock Dual Piston Calipers from the V6. If you have these combined with SS brake lines, performance pads, & D/S rotors, thats good enough for any NA Daily Driver. No one had referred to any track racing. If you are building a track car for regular use, then Brembos would be of good use. Or if you plan on building a fully built Turbocharged motor.
    Otherwise if you are just daily driving with Brembos and ur not Turbocharged or track racing, they're going to waste. And you prob just want the looks. Thats what Im saying.
    You have a good point. If you not going Turbocharged the Brembos should be your last mod. On ebay they sell some type of Brembos covers for a standard calipers, they look prety good for not been the real thing.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast