The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shaking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

shaking

when i brake about a 100 miles an hour my car start shaking why is that

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    ur gonna get burned for going that fast first off.

and does it vibrate at lower speeds.. id says its ur brakes as u dont mention a vibration when not braking
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    when i brake about a 100 miles an hour my car start shaking why is that

Why would you be going that fast anyways?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    could be brake rotors, could be something's loose
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Does the whole car shake, or does the steering shake? If it's the steering, it should shake even if you brake at around 60, you don't have to drive that fast to test it out and that would mean that it's the brake rotors that are warped.

hhp8008
    Whens the last time you replaced your brake pads and rotors? If the brake pads haven't been inspected/replaced for awhile could be your front/rear rotors are warped or getting there. And seeing after braking at 100mph I would defiantly have them inspected. Personally, I too had shaking/squealing while braking but at any speed due to the oem brake pads and hard driving lol. Find the front/rear rotors were warped so I replaced them along with front/rear premium brake pads...4k miles later without any problems.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    If you experience vibration / shaking while braking at LEGAL speeds, you may need to replace your brake pads and rotors, or at least re-surface your rotors if it is the first time. Tire pressure, balanced wheels, alignment and axle condition could also play a role.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

100 mph and if your 7g dosnt shake, that would be a breakthrough hehe

I would think that your rotors would be waped, but.. you would feel them under lower speeds, and even braking for a stop sign etc etc So I would sugest checking brakes

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    -Rotors Warped
    -Bad tires
    -Bad outer tie rods
    -Worn out front suspension bushings

Koji...a 7g can go 100mph + w/o no shaking

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    he talked to me and said hids pads and rotors are bad.. and koji my 7g doesnt shake either
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

thats just your cars way of telling you to SLOW DOWN

I don't think the stock rotors were designed to dissipate the heat generated by continuous, daily 100-to-0 mph braking.

That's something you should consider when buying new rotors, as this is most likely the cause of the shaking. I don't care that you're speeding, speed is fun! However, you should ask yourself how often you go over 100+mph in your galant. If you replace the rotors with stock ones and then repeatedly drive over 100+ and brake hard, you're almost guaranteed to warp your new ones all over again. So if you like driving fast, consider vented rotors!!!

Or, just stop spraying the front wheels down with the garden hose after a long drive

Quote Originally Posted by mygalantwasfree View Post
    I don't think the stock rotors were designed to dissipate the heat generated by continuous, daily 100-to-0 mph braking.

That's something you should consider when buying new rotors, as this is most likely the cause of the shaking. I don't care that you're speeding, speed is fun! However, you should ask yourself how often you go over 100+mph in your galant. If you replace the rotors with stock ones and then repeatedly drive over 100+ and brake hard, you're almost guaranteed to warp your new ones all over again. So if you like driving fast, consider vented rotors!!!

Or, just stop spraying the front wheels down with the garden hose after a long drive

Noob talk!

Front rotors are already vented!

All aftermarket rotors (and Im not talking about drilled and slotted) are made out of lower grade material and do not last more than 3-4 years and sometimes even 2 years depending on driving style, but people still prefer them because the price is much lower than Mitsubishi OEM rotors.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Noob talk!

Front rotors are already vented!

All aftermarket rotors (and Im not talking about drilled and slotted) are made out of lower grade material and do not last more than 3-4 years and sometimes even 2 years depending on driving style, but people still prefer them because the price is much lower than Mitsubishi OEM rotors.
    Sorry! I meant to say "cross-drilled"
    Every modern brake rotor is vented. duhhh my bad.

alright

My galant has done 120 and no shaking...Koji your car has an issue! LOL

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

LMAO my car shakes when i hit large bumps around 100 due to the fact my front sway bar got fucked up when i put the suspension on.. long story.. now i have a used new one..havent put it on yet :p

My car shakes too. At first it was a bad rim in the front which i had placed in the rear and the shaking was minimized, somewhat. Now it does but because i hit a curb real hard clowning around (yes, stupidly). I replaced both rims but I think it shakes because I messed up something in the suspension. It shakes at 60-80 mph.

I had the same problem too, replaced the rims and then balanced the tires as well since it never went away. Finally my left CV boot had torn and when I replaced the CV joint, the shake went away.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i've gone 135 dozens and dozens of times with a ride as smooth as a bmw. don't be making excuses for your crappy ride saying it shakes going over 100!
    Last edited by peanotation; 06-24-2010 at 06:06 PM
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast