The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need swap tips!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    SOHC Rocket 30

need swap tips!

ok, ok, I have a 89 galant 2.0 SOHC, just like everybody else. when people look at it theyre like...daaaam homie what is that peice of #$^@! Neway I was thinking of how this car can be a great sleeper. Soo I started thinking small first and was thinking maybe find a 92 or so vr4 turbo. Then I was thinking maybe i should get a bigger engine and go for a nice DOHC. Maybe the eclipse 2.0 DOHC, or even the Dodge Neon DOHC. or if the DOHC is too big get the neon's SOHC. i know this all sounds like crazy talk but yes i do plan to get a new tranny cuz my current one is quite sh*tty. I've got green to spend and would love to make this a really nice sleeper. I've already got custom exhaust and a muffler on. and me and my boy made a custom intake that's pretty nice. This car would be a real fun project to work on. Any suggestions??

TGC Regular
    well, the best engine you could put in would be a vr4 or evo engine. but $$$ is an issue. anything is possible with $$$. how much green do u have if u dont mind me asking?

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1610

take a look at that post for some help

ken inn
    why dont you just buy a vr4 and mod it? or get one that is already modded. you get a much better engine, better trans, brakes, suspension, fuel control, yada, yada. start with a better basic platform, and go from there.

yea, it would be more economical to just buy another car that has the nice engine. the 6g value isn't that much, so u can get one for cheap. uhm, since the motor in it was built for the car and the car built for the drivetrain then it will most likely run better than any swap u can do. ov course, if ur a mechanic or ur getting the parts for almost cheap, then i guess a swap would be kool.
    o yea, try not to get a car thats already modded. in the long run ur gonna much happier if u build it up urself. and cars that are modded can take a beating in its life so u might have to restart if something goes wrong.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

SOHC Rocket 30
    yeeah, a new car would be obvious thing to do...but i'm talking about this car as a project. i mean it's got sleeper written all over it. oh yeah i didn't buy this car already modded, I did those other mods myself. And to answer your first question I'm willing to spend a few G's. me and my buddies will do all the installation and stuff like that. don't worry they're real mechanics! but this car would be really fun to really hook up being that this is the only old skool galant that's around. the vr4 sounds good but what about to evo?