The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 02 galant camshaft

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

02 galant camshaft

Let see if some one could give me some info about a performance camshaft for a stock 4g64 motor. Any ideas will be helpful.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

it's a company called SEARCH.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Hey buddy, nobody is going to answer this question cuz theres nothing to give you as an answer but do some research on what camshafts are out there for you Galants. Give us a little more info on what you are looking for. What kind of performance are you thinking about doing with your G? HP goals? How much you would spend? We have to see what your thinking of doing in order to answer anything that you ask. Please try to give us more info.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    it's a company called SEARCH.
    lol.. dont you just love the help.....

Galantfan88. For now I just want a little more throttle response. I know that turbo and 5 speed swap will gain the most hp but money is not there yet. First i'm going to start slow and build my way up. so far i got injen CAI. Megan drift cat back...

I know the whole deal about search search. I'm searching and the only thing people say is TURBO. Yes that is the best way to go But!!!! some people dont answer the question sometimes.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    lol.. dont you just love the help.....

Galantfan88. For now I just want a little more throttle response. I know that turbo and 5 speed swap will gain the most hp but money is not there yet. First i'm going to start slow and build my way up. so far i got injen CAI. Megan drift cat back...

I know the whole deal about search search. I'm searching and the only thing people say is TURBO. Yes that is the best way to go But!!!! some people dont answer the question sometimes.
    I understand what you trying to say and it was like that with most of us when we started on TGC. The reason why Im helping is bc I understand that sometimes when you search search and search you really dont find what your looking for and camshafts for the 4g64 motors are vary hard to find unless you find someone that really knows about where to find parts for the G.

As far as what I see what your saying, you dont need a camshaft or to spend the money on an upgraded on for more throttle responce. If you dont have the money yet I recommend you save your money first, and when you have enough and you want to start to build a project, than go. But it takes money to get a motor turbo charged the right way and you want to make sure you do it the right way.

If you keeping the motor stock and putting a turbo on, you do not need a camshaft. If you are planning on putting a camshaft on remember that upgrading the cam, you have to upgrade the valve springs, and would get an upgraded cam gear. Like I said you really dont need one unless your planning on P&P the head and thinking on doing a fully built motor project. I would look into a 2003 Outlander intake manifold swap, and do a full exhaust set up/w intake, and if you want 5 speed swap.

For camshafts: http://www.rpw.com.au/
    or: http://www.webcamshafts.com/

Just make sure you know what you are doing before doing any kind of projects on you car. Do alot of research, I promise you...you can find alot of info on here, and there are some real good people that will help you here. Look into the intake manifold swap I told you about, that would be a great way to get a better responce ok. Hope I helped

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    I understand what you trying to say and it was like that with most of us when we started on TGC. The reason why Im helping is bc I understand that sometimes when you search search and search you really dont find what your looking for and camshafts for the 4g64 motors are vary hard to find unless you find someone that really knows about where to find parts for the G.

As far as what I see what your saying, you dont need a camshaft or to spend the money on an upgraded on for more throttle responce. If you dont have the money yet I recommend you save your money first, and when you have enough and you want to start to build a project, than go. But it takes money to get a motor turbo charged the right way and you want to make sure you do it the right way.

If you keeping the motor stock and putting a turbo on, you do not need a camshaft. If you are planning on putting a camshaft on remember that upgrading the cam, you have to upgrade the valve springs, and would get an upgraded cam gear. Like I said you really dont need one unless your planning on P&P the head and thinking on doing a fully built motor project. I would look into a 2003 Outlander intake manifold swap, and do a full exhaust set up/w intake, and if you want 5 speed swap.

For camshafts: http://www.rpw.com.au/
    or: http://www.webcamshafts.com/

Just make sure you know what you are doing before doing any kind of projects on you car. Do alot of research, I promise you...you can find alot of info on here, and there are some real good people that will help you here. Look into the intake manifold swap I told you about, that would be a great way to get a better responce ok. Hope I helped

Thanks bro for the advice. I will look into that and do some more search. Also I guess the cheapest project is 5 speed swap. It sucks here in NY because all the stop and go crap. lol..
    That what I like some one willing to help. Thanks again bro.

SOHC Turbo

No prob man, hey part of the G family got to be treated like one to.

Also if you really want some good info and help or need help installing the 5 speed call this number

347-537-5975 guy name is Traffik say Jesus recommended him to help you. But other than that man if you need anymore help just let me or anybody else in TGC know