The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manuel tranny reasons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    just tell her it's your car and as long as you don't have anything illegal in it, you can do what you want with your car.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Do you have any experience working on cars? If not, then listen to your mother.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Do you have any experience working on cars? If not, then listen to your mother.
    Yes I do, plenty mechanical and a decent amount in electrical.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    lol all good ideas im leaning towards the stomping of my feet and crying jk jk
    My car is an 2001. As to the fact of putting more power to the ground that isnt something she wants to hear. She says the car is fast enough and i dont need to do anything to it. better grades probably would help. I think im just gonna tell her its my car( according to her this morning its her car since the title is in her name, so i said fine you want it you can have it the key is right there its all yours. And she got pissed saying thats not what she meant.) and im gonna do what i want to do with it. Any tickets, maintenance fees ect. thats all on me. Ill see if she goes for that, if not plan b runn away kicking and screaming ;P
    My parents tried to pull the same thing. I said you're wrong its MY car. I paid for it maintained it and drive it. The fact that it is under your name is because insurance companies wanted to charge me more than the car cost in insurance a year. I now get cheaper insurance than you guys and would like it if you hand over the title.

you'll have a harder time selling the car if its manual

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you only get better mileage if you drive it better; but you can get worse if you're shifting and shift points are crap

since you have to convince your mom (LMAO) tell her manual's are way more reliable, cheaper to repair, and there's less that goes wrong on them (specific to mitsubishi). in general, mitsubishi manual tranny's are bulletproof. automatics are made of paper machet components
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wish i had the guts to do the swap, maybe i'll try this summer. tell your mom is just more fun to drive

Well i figured out what i will tell her, i will tell her
    1. Better MPG
    2. Cheaper route
    3. Longer lasting
    4. My tranny already slips, and since it would be out to have it repaired why not just swap it.
    5. Its my car, she told me when i first got it that i could either turn around and, part it out sell it or keep it. So i will say since i am keeping it, i would like a better transmission
    6. Be a learning experiance swapping it.
    7. Quoted from goosey "When you car is an automatic the car drives you, when its manual You drive the car"
    Last edited by mrg7243; 01-21-2010 at 03:16 PM

tell her this: "When you car is an automatic the car drives you, when its manual You drive the car"

Then tell her that you'd like to take a slide down the money spending spiral that has NO end to it and you are thinking of takeing up street racing.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

^hahahahaha

ha i like the quote there, so true. ill tell her that added as #7

blue8g
    just make sure you're double clutchin like you should

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    ha i like the quote there, so true. ill tell her that added as #7
    he was messing with you.

Yeah I know, but its true

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12