The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I saw 22 inch rims on 2009 galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

I saw 22 inch rims on 2009 galant

I was looking on car domain and saw these galants with 22 inch rims.....they look nice to me...I have a 2009 galant es does anyone know of a good wheel size that could go with a 235/30/22 tire for a 09 galant. the offset and everything because wheel talk is a foreign language to me. If you think putting this size rim on is a bad idea give me a reason besides what u think it will look like.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3329098
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2327635

read and educate yourself. it'll make wheel selection 1000x easier.

Quote Originally Posted by DISCOUNTTIRE.com
    Plus sizing is one of the easiest ways to achieve enhanced performance and improve the appearance of your vehicle. In the example below, a 15x7 wheel with a 205/65R-15 tire is considered the O.E. (original equipment) size. Converting to a plus one size would mean increasing the wheel diameter by one inch (16x7.5) and selecting an appropriate tire to fit (225/55R-16). Likewise, moving to a plus two fitment would result in a 17x8 wheel and a 245/45R-17 tire. It is important to note that although the wheel diameter is increasing, the overall diameter of the tire remains consistent.

Two things happen to the tire to increase performance when moving into plus sizes. First, the tire becomes wider due to an increase in section width. This provides a larger footprint and more contact with the driving surface. Second, the aspect ratio is lower, resulting in a shorter sidewall. The combination of these changes offers better lateral stability and increased steering response.

The offset of a wheel is what locates the tire and wheel assembly in relation to the suspension. More specifically, it is the measured distance between the hub mounting surface and the center line of the rim. Below is an explanation of the various types of offsets which are pictured in the above graphic.

Positive Offset
    A positive offset occurs when the hub mounting surface is on the street side (the side you see) of the center line of the rim. Most factory rims will have this type of offset.

Zero Offset
    When the hub mounting surface is centered within the rim, it is known as a zero offset.

Negative Offset
    If the hub mounting surface is on the brake side of the center line of the rim, it is considered a negative offset or "deep dish".

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    The wheels on that 9G look sick. Compliments the car very well.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

LOL @ the second cardomain link....
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

LOL! I only clicked the first link, didnt even bother with the 2nd til now! 2nd link=FAIL
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

LOL @ the second cardomain link....

so what offset would u guys recommend i get...

blue8g
    ewwies at both

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I have seen them, they look awesome with 22" and lowered I dont have any pics but it will look good.

4g64T 5spd

I have seen an old 6G galant w/ 20"s and that was sick....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-fVX3qRSo

Last edited by valpen; 01-26-2010 at 12:33 PM
    Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

Ok today @ autoshow
    9G's on 22"

Hydraulic 8G's on 22"

4g64T 5spd

rocgalant
    First link is sick. Second link is kind of lame. Too many weak sauce badges plastered on the ride. And the wheels look cheap (cheap for a 22" and yes I'm hating)

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Ok today @ autoshow
    9G's on 22"

Hydraulic 8G's on 22"

Im shocked to see that somebody fit 22"s on an 8G w/o Fender flares :O
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I will be honest this one actually looks clean, not my style but clean.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I will be honest this one actually looks clean, not my style but clean.
    I need more info on the front lip, it would look sick if it wasnt cut out in the middle section.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Might as well go bigger and get 26s with a lift kit.

8g's with 22's look sick but also they are hydraulics and they need some major cutting and rewelding to make the wheels sit flush inside the fender well.

4g64T 5spd

fernando.caballero
    I like the pic with the white pearl 9g the grill i have never seen i wonder where they got that from....

i don't own a 9g but I saw that member krazienluv10 has it so shoot him a PM.

4g64T 5spd

okay i was looking at the white galant with 22's what is that u used in the grill those twoo peices i can not find nothing. i wanna get rid of the two black pieces ???? please email me [email protected] thanks alot jayy

dam that first link makes me like the 9g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast