The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DCNZ1, New guy from NewZealand

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    DCNZ1

Icon14 DCNZ1, New guy from NewZealand

Hi,
    I'm Dan. I live in NewZealand. I have just acquired a Galant.
    It's a 1800cc DOHC GDI 4WD Tiptronic that has done over 180,000ks.
    I'm looking for anything I should know about the late 1997 Japanese Galant 1.8ltr DOHC GDI 4WD with VR4 appearance package & ABS brakes. Things like common problems, Reliability issues, How many kilometers cretin parts last, & which parts from other models will fit on mine. Basically anything you can tell me would be great.
    I am also looking for an engine to rebuild and drop into my Galant. I need to know which engines will bolt straight in, so if you know of any, please let me know.
    Thanks for your future help,
    Dan.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think your one of the first diesel galant owners on the site. Welcome, post some pics.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

I dont think its a diesel. JDM/World spec 1.8s were GDI as in Gasoline Direct Injection, or at least my 7g was. There again I could be wrong again lol.

Welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

DCNZ1
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    I think your one of the first diesel galant owners on the site. Welcome, post some pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by kildaremike View Post
    I dont think its a diesel. JDM/World spec 1.8s were GDI as in Gasoline Direct Injection, or at least my 7g was. There again I could be wrong again lol.
    That's right, GDI stands for 'Gasoline Direct Injection' not 'Diesel Direct Injection', & I know i'm not wrong, I own the car ;) But thanks for the 'WELCOME', there always appreciated.
    Any how, this sites for people to learn about Galant's & I guess you just learn't something
    I'm pretty glad it's not a Diesel. The 1.8 GDI is a gutless sack of spud's as it is, but a Diesel would be even worse. Bloody thing takes about 15 seconds to get to 100kph, my last vehicle took just over 3, so it's a bit of a trade down, but the fuel millage is exactly what I was looking for. Instead of using $50.00 of fuel to get to the city and back, it only takes $20.oo now.
    Worth it in the long run.
    Hope to see you 'round people,
    Regards,
    Dan.

Experienced TGC Member
    Every time I hear GDI I think of a diesel VW for some reason :? I have no clue lol.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnz1 View Post
    gutless sack of spud's as it is
    lol !

Welcome

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

welcome to tgc

welcome
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

welcome

Welcome..