The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 SOCH Turbo Build - European Engine.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    driftspec

Icon11 4g64 SOCH Turbo Build - European Engine.

Hi.

First of all im not that good in english so have that in mind:P

Ive just bought a 2001 4g64 SOCH.

1# Im going for high quality performance parts like Hks,Skunk2,Garrett,Zex,Aem,Megan Racing,Works ect.

2# I want around 300-350whp.

3# I cant swap to a EVO engine cus of our laws, i wont get it road legal and Mitsubishi Motors Norway wont accept the swap and give me their blessings.

I am planing to use around a year to build the engine from ground up.

So far ive come up with this my self:

INTAKE:

Skunk2 Intake Manifold (Evo 8/9)
    HKS Fuel Rail Upgrade Kit (Evo 8/9)
    WORKS 70mm Throttle Body (Evo 8/9)

Think this will be a good setup on the engine, will be happy for commets that cant help me out.

(Q) Should i upgrade from SOCH to DOCH or will i do just fine?

(Q) Where can i get a crank/bearings/rods/pistons ect. for optimal engine performance?

(Q) I want to buy a Garrett GT25 turbo is this a good choice?

(Q) I need to find a good turbo manifold that will fit a Garrett GT25 turbo and ofc. the 4g64 engine, where can i get one?

(Q) Do i need to upgrade the Fuel Injectors, and what cc will i need?

(Q) Where can i get bigger rear brakes but that let me keep the hand brake, maby from a GT3000? (Have 8pot big brake kit at the front)

There is alot more, but just post it here and ill check it out:)
    Last edited by driftspec; 01-23-2010 at 01:58 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Well as far as i know the EVO 1-3 turbo manifold should fit unless it needs some spaceres, If you upgrade to a DOCH then your engine will be able to breath better freeing up more potential for power. Thats about all i know.

Our sohc 4g64's can eccept the turbo parts from the 95-99 turbo eclipse gst and gsx. There are tubublar turbo manifolds on ebay for the gst and gsx that bolt right up, but tend to crack at heavy loads. Stock with the cast manifolds like the evo 8-9 and just get it ported to flow well. As to where you are 99 and up you can look for the evo 8-9 turbo's that will bolt up. In my oppinion if you want reliability and performance, Just look for a evo 8-9 motor/ harness and swap it.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

Would be better to know where you come from... So if you are here in europe there are a lot of adresses where you can buy parts for your engine...

driftspec
    I live in Norway:) and parts here are way to expensive, so i will only get parts out side Norway.

I cant swap to a EVO engine cus i then wont get my car road legal, cus our rules are so fucked up...

i cant cut in the chassis to make it 4wd, or change to eclipse turbo gear box for fwd, and Mitsubishi Norway simply wont accept and aprove the apply for a motor swap.

driftspec
    btw, if i got my self a evo 8 engine, what would i need to do for it to be FWD and fit in the galant chassis?

You would need either a evo transmission with the rear diff and axles and stuff removed, not sure on the deatils for that ask stewi as he has it in his car. Or you swap in the eclipse manual trannsmission, which would be the usual stuff.
    Here what i am hoping to do in a couple of years. DOHC head swap, turbo, cams, Boomslang harness(its a conversion harness), and evo 8 ECU(these are tunable, best option for a turbo car)
    5-SPeed
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=16557
    USing an evo 8 ECU
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ighlight=evo+8

Maybe these guys can help you...

www.go-performance.de

The owner is the son of Hermann gassner, leading German Ralley-Champion, and he often swaps engines. He´s specialysed in mitsubishi, maybe he can help you...

Norwegian laws are quite equal to Germany, he will find a way...

Maybe not with US-parts, but he offers a lot of alternatives....

driftspec
    Ive just been talking to a guy that have swaped an evo 6 engine into his galant 2000 fwd, he uses the original 2.0L gearbox and he said it works fine, but his gearbox broke due to some bad parts.

So ive just called the scrapyard i bought the engine at and said that i couldt buy it, and im gonna ask for my holliday work savings and buy a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO JDM 4G63T with 5spd AWD Trans - Wiring - ECU and use my 2.0L gearbox and hopefully it will last if i dont overtune the car and keep it at 250-350 whp.
    and ofc, i will change the clucth to a stage 2 so anyone know of any good ones?

And for me to get it to be road legal, i think ill find a way;)
    As the engine will fit right in without having to change the places for the engine mounts, just gonna buy some havy duty reinforced ones;)