The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wtf??? intake problems

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

wtf??? intake problems

hey guys. i got a 06 galant 2.4l auto and i was trying to get some better gas milage out of it so i made an intake for it. i removed the old air box and installed a short ram intake. after driving it for about 15 minutes the check engine light came on and it throwing a "system too lean bank one and 2". i check the 1 vacuum hose it has to the intake and made sure it was hooked up and sure enough... it was. i erased the code and it came back on after driving it for another 10 minutes. has any one had this problem before when in stalling an intake on there 9g?

Experienced TGC Member
    Do you still have the MAF installed?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

yes. i got an adapter to use the maf but its right behide the air fiter. the o ring is sealed tight in the adapter so it shouldnt be leaking from there either.

Experienced TGC Member
    Maybe you should try resetting the ecu. BTW. did you install the maf correctly?

hmmm maybe u didnt disconnect the battery while installing?..

-RON

u made an intake? the sensor is pretty sensitive, even injen hand problems at first with the check light... buy a fujita, problem would be solved
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 02-01-2010 at 10:00 PM
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Generally I'd say reset the ecu, its probaly sensing the wrong airflow, since you are increasing flow thats probaly why you get the light/error codes, reset the ecu and see if it throws you the same code, had this problem on a few cars back in the past, resetting worked wonders.

How does the engine idle? / Any Problems driving at all? or Just the light?

the car ran fine but and it was just a light. i took it off and the light never cam back on so in just going to buy a regular in take just for the car... just got to save some money.