The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help me find wheels please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    iMTB

Help me find wheels please

I think it's time for some new wheels on the dd and I'm not really sure what to get yet. I want them to look either oem or classy, no tuner/ricer bs. I'll probably be lowering it as well and was wondering what you guys recommend for a smooth, nonbouncy ride?

These look sick and flow nicely with the body styling, but I can't find them in the right bolt-pattern/size/offset anywhere! :(

My Galant:

Also, where can I get this front bumper?

The black car above is Lonestar22's Galant. The wheels are BBS LMs. He actually mounted the wheels using the wrong bolt pattern and offset and drove around like that. A few months later, his wheel studs broke off.

The bottom Galant has a new style (98-2002) JDM vr4 bumper. You can sometimes find them on ebay and you can also find them for sale on this forum from time to time.

Theres a set of BBS LM's @ Rbwheels.com for 2k. 18x8 +40 will fit your car.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

iMTB
    I know they're LMs but finding a set of them to fit on the Galant is tough. Do you think 18s will still look as good?

I've got these sitting in my garage and kinda want to try them out. They're 5x114.3 but I'm not sure on the ET

Quote Originally Posted by iMTB View Post
    I know they're LMs but finding a set of them to fit on the Galant is tough. Do you think 18s will still look as good?

I've got these sitting in my garage and kinda want to try them out. They're 5x114.3 but I'm not sure on the ET
    I dont think these would look good on your car.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...pager.offset=0

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...All&sort=Price

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....archModule.cfm

You can browse through these and search look for something you like we cant make the decisions for you.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...r=2&wd=17&rw=8

I personally think something like that would look nice on your car lowered and you can get these with Falken 512s 225/45-17 for 1270 shipped to your door
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 01-25-2010 at 10:46 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar

Those tires look too wide. I had the stock wheels from my maxima and was going to install them on my Galant when I got wheels because they were 18x7 +47 offset and that was great but the tires on there were 245 45 and that was a problem. I see the same issue here with those Mustang wheels, besides they are ugly and wont look good on the G.

On the bumper, you can talk to member here by the name or Triggermauve. He's in Japan and will run you about 450 shipped, sometimes more. You will also need the grill and head lights to run with that bumper or there will be gaps between that JDM bumper and your stock heads.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 01-25-2010 at 11:28 AM

blue8g
    ummm those aren't bbs lm's those are lm replicas

and you should just buy my wheels

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    ummm those aren't bbs lm's those are lm replicas

and you should just buy my wheels
    I believe those were real bbs.

blue8g
    nope. i know for a fact they were knockoffs

nope. i know for a fact they were knockoffs
    How my I ask?? Just curious??

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    How my I ask?? Just curious??
    x2 I was pretty sure they were real LMs

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    if relax's fitment is considered agressive, than so are mine

Audi RS4 wheels, 19x8.5. 45mm offset w/ 8mm spacer 225/35/19

BBS LM reps same size

taken from aggressive wheel thread

Works for me, thanks.

oh nice catch lol i didnt notice that

I have a set of works vsxx that are similiar to the bbs lmk if you're interested
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    The black car above is Lonestar22's Galant. The wheels are BBS LMs. He actually mounted the wheels using the wrong bolt pattern and offset and drove around like that. A few months later, his wheel studs broke off.

The bottom Galant has a new style (98-2002) JDM vr4 bumper. You can sometimes find them on ebay and you can also find them for sale on this forum from time to time.
    they were knockoffs on top of being the wrong bolt pattern.

we had a thread a while ago about not being able to mount 5x112 or 5x120 to our cars... he wanted to use wobble bolts and we all tried to discourage him. well we all know how that ended up. adpaters for bolt pattern only cause pain and heartache. also he tried to sell those wheels and disclosed they were not BBS but were replicas.

what is your budget?

Bolt pattern is correct but hubbore and offset are not. And with the factory Mustang size (for those wheels) 245/45-17 they *can* fit with the right fitment. They have a offset of about +25mm. It is actually stamped on the back of the spokes.

18s (depending on wheel design) are too small, go 19s, you will be happy you did.

blue8g
    MY 18's are perfect, in fact people have told me they thought they were 19's.....seriously

Damn! I like those BBS wheels!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast