The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuse??

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Fuse??

Yesterday I was replacing dome bulbs and accidentaly shorted the wires and now my dome lights won't work, and same goes for the radio. I checked the fuses on the driver's side fuse box under the panel and the fuses under the hood. All of them seem to be fine. Any ideas? :(

Dont forget to check the fuses under the hood in the fuse access pannel

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

the one behind the radio or they is two fuse one that say acc

i know you said you checked the fuses under the hood, but the fuses for the interior lights, radio, and power locks are in the yellow holder under the hood. sometimes they dont look blown but need to be replaced anyway. try those
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

^yeah, what they said. To make the diagnosis a bit easier, you can check the back of the fuse box covers and they will have pictures of what each fuse does, that should make finding the one for the dome light easier. If the pictures are unclear, I believe the owner's manual has the pictures on the fuse box's explained, unless I'm mistaken. Hope that helps.

hhp8008
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    ^yeah, what they said. To make the diagnosis a bit easier, you can check the back of the fuse box covers and they will have pictures of what each fuse does, that should make finding the one for the dome light easier. If the pictures are unclear, I believe the owner's manual has the pictures on the fuse box's explained, unless I'm mistaken. Hope that helps.
    x2

Just talked to my friend that works at Mitsubishi and he said that I probably need to replace one of the fuses in the yellow box under the hood even if it looks ok. Gonna do that and will post an update tonight when I get home. Thanks for your replies.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    the one behind the radio or they is two fuse one that say acc
    Huh?

OK, here's the promised update!
    Here's a picture of the fuse combo that has to be replaced. As you can see, the one at the top, with the deformed numbers on it, is the one that's blown.
    Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey View Post
    OK, here's the promised update!
    Here's a picture of the fuse combo that has to be replaced. As you can see, the one at the top, with the deformed numbers on it, is the one that's blown.
    Problem solved.

You dont need to pull that out. You pop the yellow top up andpull with a fuse puller at the fuses they will pop up. The fuse for radio and dome I think is #22 if I remember from when I shorted mine changing my domes. Sorry I didnt check the thread earlier I could have told you exactly what you needed :)

I'm already done, but thanks anyway 03-Galant-ES.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey View Post
    I'm already done, but thanks anyway 03-Galant-ES.
    No problem, your friend from mitsu should have warned you you dont have to rip it out of the car to change the fuses. Did you get it back in and is everything working?

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    No problem, your friend from mitsu should have warned you you dont have to rip it out of the car to change the fuses. Did you get it back in and is everything working?
    yep