The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP ME INSTALL GAUGES!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    NYchulo3

HELP ME INSTALL GAUGES!

I ordered some custom gauges from ImportIntelligence.com They just came in and are hot! I got white gauges with the mitsubishi emblem designed on them with carbon fiber. I just need someone who can give me some detailed instructions on taking apart the gauge cluster so I can put these in. I really wanna try this tonite. Help me please.

MitsuMan
    U can go to the mainpage and look under 8g tutorials on how to remove the gauge cluster and what not, i dont think u have indiglos right? just the overlays?, it should be easy, make sure that u dont mess up your needles

NYchulo3
    I tried that before, but that link isn't working.

RyzNatch
    here ya go pal. i remember when i was in your shoes....you asked for details and im full of em. (im assuming u have a 7th gen) unscrew the 2 screws on the top of the gauge. lower the steering wheel as low as it'll go. and just slide the black thing out. now you'll see 4 philips head screws in the four corners of the guage cluster. remove them then all u gotta do is work the whole pod all the way out. it will kindof "snap" out. then take a small flathead screwdriver and pop out the little clips surrounding the gauge cluster and then it will come right off. lay the new gauges over the old ones and re-do everything i just said but the opposite. if its indiglos pop out that plastic piece to the left of the steering wheel with a butter knife or something, then cut and re-attach the black wire to black, and the red wire to green. thats all it took kindof awhile for me but once u get it its totally worth it.

Damn will, u cant do shit by urself lol, if those instructions dont help, when u come by to go pick up the intake, i'll do it for u

NYchulo3
    aight will do. i actually had went ahead and started tryin to figure it out on my own, and i was up to the part after u unscrew the 4 screws. I just wasn't sure if anything was still holding the cluster in or not. Now that I know all you have to do is work it until it comes out, i should be all set! thanks. Hey D, what's up with the intake and the trip to S.I?

most likely next week sometime, i'm all set, but i gotta take my car down there as well, so u can follow me

NYchulo3
    got the new gauge faces on, will test to see if they are all calibrated correctly in the morning.

NYchulo3
    I put on the faces and boy does it look sweet!!!! Now the calibration something went wrong. THe speedometer as well as the tach is doin nuttin. suggestions?

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <span style='color:blue'>Did you have to take the needles off to put the gauges on? If so check to make sure the needles aren't pushed all the way down to where they are touching the gauge face. It has to be a little off the gauge in order to be free to move.
    </span>

Quote Originally Posted by NYchulo3
    I put on the faces and boy does it look sweet!!!! Now the calibration something went wrong. THe speedometer as well as the tach is doin nuttin. suggestions?
    i'd make sure that the gauges are as flat as can be...maybe some super glue or really thin double stick tape. then i'd pull the needles off ever so slightly to make extra room for the thickenss of the guages. the last thing u want to do is drive your car, you can wreck the mechanism that controls the needles if u do

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The way I mounted them was I put them over the stock guage faces. You may need to cut the hole for the needle rest a little bigger in the stock guage face, so everything sits flat.

And a bit of extra tip that I did was to scrape off the white on the needles and use some Testors model paint and a qtip and put orange(or whatever) paint on them so the needles are much easier to see.

I've never heard of anyone complain of this before, but I knew it'd bug the hell outta me. I gave a good number of coats of clear Matte finish to the new guage faces. Since they're so smooth and shiny, I knew they'd reflect light/sun way too much. The matte makes it so you don't get any glare off of the new guages.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"