The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g 5 lug swap parts

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

7g 5 lug swap parts

So my aunt gave me my late cousins (RIP ROBERT) 18" rims with new tires on them and need info for the 5 lug swap. they were on a 2001 galant gtz that got taken off for winter. Will 8g parts swap over w the v6 disc rears? Or is it only the 2g eclipse parts? If I cant find a swap with disc rears im probably going to sell the 18's or trade for new tires for the 17' till I can save up for the advans.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

Experienced TGC Member
    When I did my rear disc swap on my 8g I took a look at the rear disc parts on a 2g and they looked very similar. I think they might me the same, keyword I "Think" lol.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Ya I was looking at the jy today and they have a v6 8g in there w the swap and rear disks and 16" rims included for 50. I realy need a conformation on this cause I'm going to need the 5 lug swap fo the advans also. Looks the same but I really didnt get under there and check it out.

the back i believe is, the front no no

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Ok, I think I see what your talking about on the front, it's a totaly different setup on there. So if the back from the 8g will work and the front of the 2g eclipse, can I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by 97dsmturbogalant View Post
    Ok, I think I see what your talking about on the front, it's a totaly different setup on there. So if the back from the 8g will work and the front of the 2g eclipse, can I do that?
    if you have access to a 2G just get it from a 2g

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

only the 2g gst and gsx came with the 2 piston from brakes correct
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

gsx only
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

you sure its worth the effort to change hubs just for wheels? I know if it were me I would try and swap rims with someone