The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: search over: SECURE push button start w/ RFID

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

Icon6 search over: SECURE push button start w/ RFID

www.auto-hub.com

the total package all for a low price of 295-475 depending on w/ alarm or not and the button style

How Does It Work? Glad you asked!
    Walk to the vehicle with the key fob in your pocket (or purse, ladies) and when in range, your security system is disarmed, the doors unlock, and the ignition system becomes active. The range of StarDrive's RFID is approximately 8 feet (depending on the antenna location).
    Slide behind the wheel, depress the brake pedal, and press the start / stop button to engage the motor.
    Shutting off the engine is just as hassle-free. Come to a complete stop, depress the brake pedal, push the start / stop button, and the motor stops.
    After stopping the engine, the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) keeps accessories like your radio and power windows active until the door is opened or after an elapsed time of 5 minutes.
    Walk away and passive arming automatically sets your car alarm so you'll never forget again.
    Security

Radio Frequency Identification, or RFID, is the new generation of intelligent bidirectional technology and auto electronic alarm systems. It's a dual-frequency wireless system, combined with code hopping and 64-bit encryption technology to avoid the electronic key from being duplicated and ensure security. StarDrive features include:
    • Passive proximity "Smart Key" fob
    • Bidirectional Passive Keyless:
      Max distance 5-8 ft
    • Manual long-range lock / unlock, trunk release, and panic:
      Max distance 100 ft
    • Door lock / unlock control relays onboard
    • Starter kill
    • Trunk release output
    • Shock sensor
    • 120db siren
    StarDrive is Invisible to Thieves!
    With StarDrive, your ignition cannot be picked since it has no keyholes or slots that anything can be inserted. From the outside, the system has only a button with a status light.
    Start Button Status Lights
    ACC light is on when the unit is in accessory only mode.
    ON light is on when the ignition is on.
    LOCK light shows the status of the alarm / security.
    START / STOP ENGINE are illuminated when the unit is active. This is helpful in locating the button at night.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Is there a way to go to the car without it starting? I know I always forget stuff in my car

nice i like that
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Nice. Let see if cali can start a GB for this. lol Looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    Is there a way to go to the car without it starting? I know I always forget stuff in my car
    yea it wont start till u hit the button it will go into acc mode though only till u walk away that is

Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    Nice. Let see if cali can start a GB for this. lol Looks cool though.
    that would be bad ass

will this work with any car?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

possible problem...

What if my car has a locking column? Can I use StarDrive?
    There is no easy bypass for a car that has a mechanical steering wheel lock, and it will need to be defeated if you want to have the keyless experience. Do so at your own risk!

The electronic style steering wheel lock can be modified to work with the system.

How do I remove the column lock?
    Discuss your options with technicians that perform Steering Column Repair

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    will this work with any car?
    it should if installed right

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    possible problem...
    thats not the part im looking into, as rude as our locking system is that will be fixed in no time. im wondering about the transmiter in the key hole guess ile ask the 2000 and up 8 guys w/ remote start.

ok.. my question is that.. since 8g.. has that chip in the key.. how would this work...

proberbly the same way they put remote start on 8gs

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    it should if installed right

thats not the part im looking into, as rude as our locking system is that will be fixed in no time. im wondering about the transmiter in the key hole guess ile ask the 2000 and up 8 guys w/ remote start.
    well for aftermarket remote start they either have to bypass the chip section completely or have a spare key w/ chip in a box that tells the car it is present. but remote start does not unlock the steering wheel, you still have to put the key in for that (don't know if the lock is mechanical or electronic)... that might be a problem unless you can figure out how to bypass that lock or remove it. just imagne you start the car w/ the push button w/ the RFID key fob inside the car, and you can't turn the wheel.

here's a pic of the immobilizer bypass box i was talking about... it requires a key w/ chip and is installed hidden):

come to think of it maybe the work-a-round is to relocate the key hole to somewhere hidden in the dash (like behind the console) and have a key inserted... that might bypass both ignition and steering locks, then have the RFID security take care of the ignition and and ignition interrupt (so the car isn't totally vulnerable).

I think I am going to put this on my work car. I do road side asst and locksmithing I am in and out of the car for 16 hours a day. It will be so connivent for it to unlock with out doing anything and just push the button and go. I just wish the system wasent so much money, gonna start saving up.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

well for aftermarket remote start they either have to bypass the chip section completely or have a spare key w/ chip in a box that tells the car it is present. but remote start does not unlock the steering wheel, you still have to put the key in for that (don't know if the lock is mechanical or electronic)... that might be a problem unless you can figure out how to bypass that lock or remove it. just imagne you start the car w/ the push button w/ the RFID key fob inside the car, and you can't turn the wheel.

here's a pic of the immobilizer bypass box i was talking about... it requires a key w/ chip and is installed hidden):

come to think of it maybe the work-a-round is to relocate the key hole to somewhere hidden in the dash (like behind the console) and have a key inserted... that might bypass both ignition and steering locks, then have the RFID security take care of the ignition and and ignition interrupt (so the car isn't totally vulnerable).
    Problem is that the column lock is mechanical on our cars. However on a lexus for example its electrical so we'd have to completely and permenatly disable it.

In reality if anyone REALLY wants to steal your car all you'd have to do is remove the immobilizer with ecuflash, ripout the ignition lock and turn it with the screw driver. All in all under 4min. The best systems are the ones you'll never read about online. Like 300,000volts up your ass if you don't turn the heater knob to 4 before turning one the ignition :)
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    Problem is that the column lock is mechanical on our cars. However on a lexus for example its electrical so we'd have to completely and permenatly disable it.
    yeah that's the first problem i was referring to a few posts back... the steering wheel lock. the RFID system would b able to automate everything but that, and without putting the key into the ignition switch and turning it, the steering wheel would still be unusable.

yeah that's the first problem i was referring to a few posts back... the steering wheel lock. the RFID system would b able to automate everything but that, and without putting the key into the ignition switch and turning it, the steering wheel would still be unusable.
    i know a locksmith / mechanic he said its no problem to get around the wheel lock this is proberbly going to be my project when i go home for leave i will try to put together a tutorial. but i have no plans on even having a key hole anymore all of it coming out and key hole will be abs sludged shut. shes not going to be my daily anymore so im not worried

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post

In reality if anyone REALLY wants to steal your car all you'd have to do is remove the immobilizer with ecuflash, ripout the ignition lock and turn it with the screw driver. All in all under 4min. The best systems are the ones you'll never read about online. Like 300,000volts up your ass if you don't turn the heater knob to 4 before turning one the ignition :)

that would be a good idea if our ac wasnt mechanical. i have a couple of procedures to starting my car now anyways plus i have bags that im sure only me can understand at this point due to all the rigging and relays lol.

Soooooo i went ahead and pulled the trigger on this.... hopefully it beats me home

very cool. when will you be going home?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    Soooooo i went ahead and pulled the trigger on this.... hopefully it beats me home
    Nice looking forward to it.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 03-13-2010 at 03:44 PM

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    very cool. when will you be going home?
    i get leave sometime next month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast