The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: search over: SECURE push button start w/ RFID

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    is my internet trippin or is this website busted?

so heres a question. the mitsubishi outlander from 07+ comes with keyless push button installed on all trims models. could we just use that and have the dealer program it?

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    so heres a question. the mitsubishi outlander from 07+ comes with keyless push button installed on all trims models. could we just use that and have the dealer program it?

im sure you could if you had the bankroll to do it. i seriously doubt the stealership will order all of the parts for the system and then just give them to you. and if their labor charges are the sasme as they usta its about 90 bucks a hr and i figure it will take them about a week to instal it lol

450 starting to look better? lol

i was referring to pulling one from a wrecked outlander and installing it ourselves then just paying mitsu for the two hours they need to program it to our ecu....1.5 hours mitsu bullshitting .5hrs doing programing

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i was referring to pulling one from a wrecked outlander and installing it ourselves then just paying mitsu for the two hours they need to program it to our ecu....1.5 hours mitsu bullshitting .5hrs doing programing
    this idea would need much more research. problems include, mechanical wheel/column lock (the outlander version may be electronic and might or might not be swappable), full list of what is controlling or involved in the RF/relay/unlock (it most likely is not a single box like an aftermarket setup).

isnt the wheel lock like pushing in the brake to take the gear selector from park to drive on the auto 8gs? why can we just like clip it lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

there shouldn't be any problym with removing the wheel lock at all, besides if a good thief wants your car guess what 10 seconds to disengage it!!!

wellll months later this tread has been brought back to life did u get it installed?? =)

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    isnt the wheel lock like pushing in the brake to take the gear selector from park to drive on the auto 8gs? why can we just like clip it lol
    not exactly. the wheel lock is mechanically engaged when the ignition barrel is put to the off position and the key is removed. there my be a workaround that keeps it functional using a solenoid to mechanically disengage the lock via a signal from the RF ID system (essentially making it an electric mechanical wheel lock).

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    there shouldn't be any problym with removing the wheel lock at all, besides if a good thief wants your car guess what 10 seconds to disengage it!!!
    well it's a double risk if it is removed completely since the ignition chip feature will already be disengaged. if there is a way to keep both security features intact, and both only override when the RF key fob is present, that would be the best solution; if both features are permanently overridden (removing most of the security built into the car), the car could be started and stolen w/ a small wire and driven away without the RF key fob present.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    well it's a double risk if it is removed completely since the ignition chip feature will already be disengaged. if there is a way to keep both security features intact, and both only override when the RF key fob is present, that would be the best solution; if both features are permanently overridden (removing most of the security built into the car), the car could be started and stolen w/ a small wire and driven away without the RF key fob present.
    Look at it this way if you don't have an ignition chip the only security you would have would be the ignition lock and only takes seconds to disengage. Now lets just say you stick this box way up in the dash so the only way to get at it is to remove the dash that would eliminate someone using a small wire to hot wire the car because all your ignition wires would be removed from the steering column and in the control for the fob system. Now that you don't have a steering lock what options does a thief have roll it away especially if your 5 speed or tow it... But in the end if they really want it they will get it so nothing is 100% secure!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    wellll months later this tread has been brought back to life did u get it installed?? =)
    yep its been installed for a while now
    the alarm is kinda wimpy sounding
    and my wife drives so much it drains batteries in about a month
    Last edited by ricky_db; 12-11-2010 at 07:04 PM

Look at it this way if you don't have an ignition chip the only security you would have would be the ignition lock and only takes seconds to disengage. Now lets just say you stick this box way up in the dash so the only way to get at it is to remove the dash that would eliminate someone using a small wire to hot wire the car because all your ignition wires would be removed from the steering column and in the control for the fob system. Now that you don't have a steering lock what options does a thief have roll it away especially if your 5 speed or tow it... But in the end if they really want it they will get it so nothing is 100% secure!
    of course security measures merely slow a thief down, they do not prevent loss if a thif is determined; conversely, removing security measures speeds things up for a thief. keyless entry and start are a cool convenient feature but i would still try to keep the stock features in tact and add layers like RFID instead of removing some in order to let the other work. i would not make a car easier to take. my car has independently powered alarm and custom starter interrupt but i know that that would not stop a thirf if they really wanted it, but it would slow them down having to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    yep its been installed for a while now
    the alarm is kinda wimpy sounding
    and my wife drives so much it drains batteries in about a month
    Do you mean the batteries in the fob key? And what does she do when they die? Got a pic?

Do you mean the batteries in the fob key? And what does she do when they die? Got a pic?
    sorry for the late reply but yes i mean the key fob battery. when it goes dead she just calls me to let her in with my key fob and we head to walmart and get another one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12