The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM 4G63T engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25
    jlfisher360

JDM 4G63T engine

Im looking for a 4G63T to swap into my 8g and I came across this, http://us.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?...rom=googlebase

would that fit in our cars?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    No it wont or someone would have one in already. Everything about them is different.

jlfisher360

Experienced TGC Member
    no... you need the 4g63t out of an evo.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Your looking at all the wrong motors buddy those are straight JDM motors from Japan and as you see everything is on the opposite side of the motor. If your looking for a 4g63T swap look for an Evo 8 motor swap, that would be your best bet.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Don't bother even looking for the 6g72TT from the 3kgt/GTO because once again those engines are opposed differently than ours. Your available swaps for an 8g would Be 4g63t EVO 8, a 6g72 SOHC 24v (from another Galant/Eclipse 3g/Stratus) or the 6g74 from the newer diamantes here

i know a guy that put that cyclone motor in a 1st gen talon, he said if he where to do it again, he would just fully build his stock motor, and it was fun, but most of the time it was a PITA lol, not to meantion its a talon lol

Keep in mind, to put a V6 in the I4 you will need to convert the subframe to the V6 subframe.

Also, Don't forget the 6G75 is now a possibility for the V6 guys. Follow SPD-FRK's build thread!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Keep in mind, to put a V6 in the I4 you will need to convert the subframe to the V6 subframe.

Also, Don't forget the 6G75 is now a possibility for the V6 guys. Follow SPD-FRK's build thread!
    This makes me wanna get another G v6 just to do this swap

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

^+1!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    ^^ I'll trade my GTZ for your G :D

(jk)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

2001galantes
    hey guys i have a 01 es and want to swap the engine, i understand that i would need to get a 4g63t, but i was wondering if it would be a direct bolt on, also im guessing it would change my car into a 5 speed? also what would be the biggest obstacles in the swap?

3 mounts out of 4 are the same. Since you will be using the 3G trans, you can use the Front and rear mounts from the Galant and you have to use the 3G manual trans mount on the drivers side. IIRC with the research that I've done, the Passenger side engine mount is different from the 8G/3G. Though, I bet you can use the EVO engine mount for that side and it SHOULD work.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

2001galantes
    ok cool, do you think that i could still use the trans from the galant for the engine?

the automatic if it does bolt up (i am not sure if it does, its been posted somwhere about it) probably wont hold up as long as a 5-speed, heres a guy's build who did an evo swap
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=Motor+Swap
    hope this helps

The 8G auto does bolt up as well as the 3G manual. SpicyGalant has an EVO swapped 8G with the auto trans.

The thing about the auto is, if you put 300 hp through it, you will get around 210 to the wheel and it wont last as long. I'm not saying the 3G manual is any stronger, but you will put more power onto the ground with the manual, and depending on how you drive it, it will last longer. My advice, find a nearly new 3G manual trans. (40k or less, I would honestly see if I can buy a BRAND NEW one from Mitsubishi) And mate it with the EVO 4G63T.

2001galantes
    alright thanks guys!, i was trying to find most of the answers through the forums, and for the most part i have, it just the specific questions that i have are the hardest to find. Cuz i dont want to be like those idiots who just ask a random question on a forum cuz there to lazy to read through the posts.

I just hat e how much the 4G63t out of the Evo8 costs.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

2001galantes
    is there any other place to buy them, other than JDM?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

^^JDM isn't a place it means that it comes from a car for the Japanese Market (its imported from Japan directly). Look for a Evo VIII 6G63T go to the Junkyards or evomn.net or on http://www.car-part.com/ you can check motor near your area.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 02-20-2010 at 08:50 PM

4g64T 5spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast