The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 Easy Clean Mods Using MDX parts

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

2 Easy Clean Mods Using MDX parts

1st mod I did with MDX parts was the shift knob.

As many know this is very desirable since our stock knob is kinda ugly.

Here is the end result.

as you can see it utilizes the stock screws

Tools needed:
    A screw driver
    a dremel

What you need not on the G:
    MDX knob

Take off the stock shifter, be careful the button may shoot out as you pull up. It is easiest to unscrew while the car is in L.

Pull up the white insert. It may or may not take a little bit of force. Next dremel the insert test fitting as you go. You should only have to take it down like a centimeter or 2 the main part is you have to make it fit in the knob. Then dremel the inside of the knob shaft. Take your time it should be dremeled until it fits tightly over the metal piece in our car. If forced you may end up splitting the plastic so take your time. It took me about 25 minutes.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Mod This is one I just completed today. MDX Halogen Projector.

Tools needed:
    socket set, specifically deep socket 8mm.
    screwdriver
    dremel

Parts Needed not on G:
    MDX Headlight Projectors
    H11 Headlight bulbs
    H11 female/800 series male(H11 and 800 series bulbs use the same basic connector it is only flipped, to get the bulb hooked up to stock fog harness you need to bend back the clip and it works, I tested it, but I wanted a secure connection so I created an adapter)
    hardware from ACE
    mounting bracket(I used a similar piece of aluminum to what you use to secure Cold Air intakes)

Take your stock fog lights off the G 3 8mm nuts.
    Unclip the fog grill that extends out, if you have an 02-03 I think 99-01 doesnt have that piece.

Unscrew the grills and then pop out the stock fog housings and unscrew the screw on the bottom which is used to adjust them.

Dremel the housing to fit the projectors, this can be time consuming, but the stock hole is like 1/2 the size needed, keep test fitting as you go to make sure that it fits nicely.

Then the fun part, once the stock housing is made to fit the projectors you have to come up with a mounting system. I used a screw through the hole where the adjuster screw is normally and ran the aluminum from there to one of the screws on the projectors. I then ran a piece of from the projector to the 3rd separate fog mounting bolt and it is bolted straight onto bumper. Once all your mounts are test fitted you need to go back to the bumper. Where the 2 nuts go that are on the back of the fog housing go there is a strip of plastic that connects them. Take a razor and cut that strip off leaving the 2 holes intact.

With my mounting system I need to partially mount the fog housing then slip the projector in and screw one screw in the projector and then put the last nut on.

Overall both projects are easy and require about 4 hours to finish both. Take your time and remember if you fuck up your shit it ain't my fault. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I can get more pictures sometime this week if requested.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-23-2010 at 10:34 PM

I know this is related to the thread, but are those bucket seats on your galant?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Radio View Post
    I know this is related to the thread, but are those bucket seats on your galant?
    No they are just ricer NXRacing seat covers since I used to work out of my car and I still like live in it right now being at school 10 hours a day. They do their job well.

4G64Galant
    Do you have a picture of what exactly you have to dremel down?