The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to tightend the strut bolt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

how to tightend the strut bolt

what is the easy way to tightend the bolt on top without and impact gun i used vice grip but it keeps spinning

... if you using hand tool, there is this special tool that you need to buy to tighten it. or else it would not work, just might but take you hours.
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

what is the special tool called

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Not sure on the 7G but on the 8G, we have a flat spot on the strut shaft that locks in place while turning the nut. Set the car down and then start turning the nut but I don't know if it will work on a 7G.

which bolt are you reffering to? pic?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

the top one when i tightend it the strut spinnes

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Post a clear picture of the bolt you are talking about please..

never mind my strut was old i tightend hard and the top bolt thread broke so i just bout a new strut and tightend hard[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

I tighten it on the car.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

that what i did with the old one and i broke

you tightened it too much.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

the actual strut bolt? ya, you tighten it while its on the car to spec. i left my springs compressed a little to tighten it then put it on the car and tightened it all the way.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i told you how to tighten it man why do you ask the same question over to get the same results i even told you how tight the factory manual wants that nut and shit. come on
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If you don't have a impact gun its going to be hard but here is a technique I used when I didn't have a impact gun or compressor.

- Spray some PB blaster or some rust penetrant lubricant on the strut nut if you are trying to loosen it

-Get a good vice grip pliers and wrap the teeth with masking tape. (The masking tape helps protect the strut piston from getting knicked and scratched bad from direct metal to metal contact)

-Right under the bump stop clamp the strut/shock piston and make sure its secure

-Lay the spring and shock/strut assembly down and secure the vice grip plier and start to loosen or tighten the strut nut up top (You may need another person to help you keep the vice pliers in place)

- If it doesn't work after a few tries..then I wouldn't continue to prevent any damage to the strut/shock piston shaft. In this case..I would take it to a place that has the correct tools or a impact gun to remove the nut for you or tighten it.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i see these are stock shocks. you know they wont last too long
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

what you mean i got lowering spring but my strut now its new

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    what you mean i got lowering spring but my strut now its new
    yeah, but what he means is that they are stock replacements which arent made or designed to handle the stiffer spring rates of the lowering springs. They wont last long 'til they are blown.

ok what the brand to handle the lowering springs

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    any after market... KYB, Tokico, etc

i will say that i was lowered on tokicos and they were awesome, but i went back to stock only to realize the ride was the same and i dont mess up my car as much. i will not lower my car again until i go with a full coilover setup

and warren get an alignment and front and rear camber kits or you will eat tires like a fat kid eats cake
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

no i dont need it the wheel dont turn by itself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast