The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New guy from TN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    UnforgivenAutoSports

New guy from TN.

Hey guys just got a white 01 Galant ES(all factory right now). trying to find some stuff that will make it look sharper and more performance to back up the looks any suggestions about what i should look to buy first?

GalantEVOII
    Welcome to TGC!!! The first thing I did was an intake. Im very picky on exhaust cuz i dont wanna sound like an angry bumble bee.... but I am not satisfied with the sound of the intake alone.

^^ No. Don't buy an intake.

Welcome to TGC! As you have just purchased your first 8th generation Galant, I would suggest you spend your money on any and all maintence that has not been done on the vehicle. What good are mods if you can't drive it? :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    welcome. where about are you located in TN? i have family in the Chatanooga area and scattered around other parts as well.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Welcome.. What he said.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    ^ Lol we both from CT and got family in TN

Weclome

edit: JEFF! you got in the way haha

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    They call me Mr. Cockblock

Welcome! SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH! Thats the best advice i can give you. Gain as much knowledge on this platform as you can and then go from there.

P.S. I live in the Memphis area.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

UnforgivenAutoSports
    Yea the car is in really great shape. I live outside of knoxville and go to school at Jefferson High. I was thinking about if i should work on the looks first or go pure performance stuff at first.

P.s. thanks for the warm welcome

Welcome to TGC
    show > go anyday lol

UnforgivenAutoSports
    lol i know i been asking alot of questions but whats a good site to get some body mods that is somewhat good and cheap. Thanks

Welcome.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Welcome to TGC| enjoy your stay
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by UnforgivenAutoSports View Post
    lol i know i been asking alot of questions but whats a good site to get some body mods that is somewhat good and cheap. Thanks
    Good and cheap don't go together. You pay what you get for. Stick around, read though other's threads (Member's Builds) and get some ideas.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Id have to say:
    Andysautosport.com
    Visionautodynamic.com
    Bodykits.com

As for which has the best quality, i couldnt tell you.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

UnforgivenAutoSports
    thanks for all the help guys going to try to get some pics of it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    Welcome to TGC
    show > go anyday lol
    Haha I want to disagree with you, but it seems thats all im doing right now.

Welcome to TGC I agree with Pete do all the maintenance you would normally do on a car at 60k because you have no clue when/if all the of it was done.

Do you have any plans? You can research for yourself to answer most questions as far as mods and other general questions like tire size, bulbs, which oil. Just check out the search feature. If you have any questions feel free to ask, but try to search for the answer first.

For body mods check out Cali's Vendor space. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/forumdisplay.php?f=122

He is doing a few GBs right now, and they are reasonably priced. JDM bumpers for 260 shipped and stuff along those lines.

As a high school student you may not have much money in the way of performance mods, but you can still make your car look nice. A nice set of rims and a drop will really set it off. For now if you have money due the maintenance. Then evaluate what you're looking to get out of it. I would imagine as a hs student this is your first car. MY G was my first car in 07 and I've fallen in love. I hope you get the same satisfaction.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 02-04-2010 at 09:52 PM

UnforgivenAutoSports
    yea this is my first car and i love it. the main thing I want to do with it would be basically make it look really nice right now. I basically want it as kinda like a show car but also drive it everyday if that makes since lol. but im kinda new to basically moddin a car but I seen some of the cars on here and thought i could kinda make a list of want i want to get and see how they look before spending the cash on them. Im open for any advice. Everyone has to start somewhere i guess

2nrgalant03
    I was up in Clarksville, Tn but got stationed in Germany this past July but hope to be back in 2012.

what everbody anyboby up in clarksville , tn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast