The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dynamat questions.

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Dynamat questions.

Guys I have done the doors, trunk and roof but I was wondering is anyone has done the floor and if you did was it a big help with sound of the road. I just want to know if it would be worth the $$$ and my time to do it.

the way i see it, your car is currently sound proof. the floor isnt really necessary as there is already sound deadening there. but if you think it could use some help, its just all personal taste. Like my personal taste, Id do the firewall and hood, just to block out engine noise, as much as i love hearing it, sometimes i dont.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Wow, I did my entire trunk and I thought it was a pita..

I did my whole truck in 2 layers ( its an s10 )and it deff deadened it up. You might want to look into dynaliner which is a sound deadening foam if you are concerned with noise.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

Yes, it is worth the time and effort IF you can accept the added weight. Though you DO already have quite a bit of sound deadening material underneath your carpets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    If you removed the stuff under the carpet, would it then be worth it? I'm sure our stuff is old and moldy from rain water. Or even those of us that had the AC problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    If you removed the stuff under the carpet, would it then be worth it? I'm sure our stuff is old and moldy from rain water. Or even those of us that had the AC problem.
    If your goal is for preserving or improving your stereo performance than absolutely. Otherwise it WILL add significantly more weight than using the standard insulation.

A dynamat bulk pack ( 9 sheets) weighs in at 22 pounds, and they have a new "lite" dynamat that came out but I'm unsure of how much it weighs for the 9 sheets.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

rocgalant
    I agree with Cyuenchon. From reading a lot about it from car audio forums, besides doors and trunk, firewall is next place to go. Should help more (I think) than adding to the floor. HTH

rocgalant
    Hey Helotes, do you have 1/8" or 1/4" dynamat? Just wondering if you think that has anything to do with your dampening

Use the poor mans dynomat. roof replacing material from lowes. Cheaper and does the job well enough. YOur car is alread sound proof as it is, save yourself a few bucks.

You also have to be carefull with certain amterials as time, water, etc can break them down and emit odors, ask any mk4 chassis vw owner. The cars smells like crayola crayons...lol
    97 galant... Parts ordered
    07 Ford Edge...family hauler
    02 basset hound.. Low and speedy

if you really want to make the car interior quiet, dont try and line the whole thing with dynamat. it's a vibration dampener, not a sound deadener. it'll work, but nowhere near where it should for the amount of coverage you're doing. you want to use a combination of materials; cld, foam, and mlv. read this and you'll see how to get that luxuriously quiet interior you've always dreamed of: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi