The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Passenger door lock

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    I searched but did not get any results, tho I am sure I'm not the 1st with the issue.

The front passenger door will lock/unlock with the key, but not if I hit the door lock switch on the driver's door. When I unlock the passenger door with the key, it still unlocks the other doors.

So, I am assuming that since the signals/connections seem to work, my door lock/unlock solenoid is going bad. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for troubleshooting,, or should I just see about getting a replacement solenoid before taking the door panel off?

Thanx in advance...

E

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I think it is like that so you wont lock your keys in the car while it is on. When the car is off it shoud lock and unlock fine.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Well... thing is that basically whenever I try to use the lock/unlock switch (with the car on or off), the actuator/solenoid isn't pushing/pulling the lock mechanism all the way, in either direction.

It looks like it tries to move a little... I can see the inside lock/unlock deal try to unlock, but only gets to about halfway. Then I have to reach over and push it all the way forward or back to fully lock or unlock the door.

I guess I'll pull the door panel off to make sure that there's nothing obstructing it somehow. All of the other doors work fine.

masterjohnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I searched but did not get any results, tho I am sure I'm not the 1st with the issue.

The front passenger door will lock/unlock with the key, but not if I hit the door lock switch on the driver's door. When I unlock the passenger door with the key, it still unlocks the other doors.

So, I am assuming that since the signals/connections seem to work, my door lock/unlock solenoid is going bad. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions for troubleshooting,, or should I just see about getting a replacement solenoid before taking the door panel off?

Thanx in advance...

E
    Now i am starting to get annoyed of my galant problems. this is just minor but really annoying. Yeah you are not the first one to have that kind of issue. maybe i am the 100th lol. since you did not receive any suggestions in here looks like it is time for me to attempt trouble shooting. i will just replace the solenoid with a new one right? i hope that solves my problem i dont wanna spend more cash.lol
    Last edited by masterjohnson; 04-28-2011 at 09:21 AM

I think mine is like that also, but not nearly as bad as yours. I can see that mine doesn't move as much as the others do.

My passenger door lock does the same thing, but it doesn't happen often.
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

Banned
    Happened to me..Sorry for low quality pix

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40829

*edit*
    Opps you mean the electric switch. On my little white box that holds all the components there was a lever there that got like
    Last edited by AktionCat; 04-30-2011 at 10:28 AM