The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is my galant worth it????

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 61
    RollinBishiStyle

Is my galant worth it????

Ok im planning on putting in header, cai, and afc(and have it tuned) I have a 99 v6 auto. My question ois simply is it worth. I will eventually mod more but that will be it for now. What can i beat with that? Prelude, Si , or Jetta 1.8t? I fi cant beat some rice them i dont even wanna bother. (The other cars being stock). And yes i know the driver matters. Does anybody have this setup that could tell me what they have beat or some quarter mile times, or maybe somebody could give some educated guesses. I appreciate any help.

MrDomu
    Fellow '99 v6 auto owner here....... It really depends on how you feel about the car. I love mine and I keep cars till the are dead (used to buy GM's). I was also never able to build a car like a '69 Camaro or something. Those days are over, BUT, to see one of those cars today, all duked out, mint and with LOTS of real power to back it up, is something to appreciate. So in 2030 when we are driving electric cars, you just might see a duked out '99 G v6 auto rolling by you............. 8)

APBRSX-S
    Im thinkin yea u could take a 1.8t but im doubtin a new lude mabey a older 1

BlueESV6
    Is it worth it? Only you can answer that one for yourself.

You know what you want and you know where you are financially.... mod, drive, enjoy.... maybe you can take a prelude and maybe not....

but knowing you are looking good makes the drive that much sweeter!

J. T. Z.
    The Galant is a nice car that can achieve some descent speeds. However, a sports car it is not. I don't think you could get a new Prelude Si, but maybe the turbo. Is it worth it? Well, that's more of a personnal opinion. I love my car. I could own a new Prelude Si if I chose to. But then I would be just like everyone else on the block or that you see at the shows. I went to the Lowrider Import and Lowrider Car show in Englishtown a few months ago and I believe I was one of only six(tops) Galants there over the two day event. Too many Hondas to mention. If you asked me if you car is worth it I would say HELL YEAH!

Black2k1GTZ
    If you do those mods then I think you could take alot of Civics, Accords etc. If your car is a Cali spec...then you ill get even more power out of it. Like you said the driver does have alot to do with it. I think if you are going to go that far then I would also recomend getting a 70mm throttle body, and 2.5" exhaust piping. That will give you a nice sounding car with some balls...the nicest thing about it will be the fact that people will look at your galant and think..."...oh its just a family car....wait shit that family car just smoked my ass..."

Itll be nice...I say go for it!!!!!!

Marc :mg:

with those mods u can beat many cars out there. ov course if they are modded too, you can't really say if you can't beat them too.

a lil note on the jetta, if its a 2001 or older you got a good chance of winning. but if its the 2002+ good luck, ur gonna need it, especially if its the manual

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiller
    no... don't waste your money... you want a fast car, buy something else....

RollinBishiStyle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you do those mods then I think you could take alot of Civics, Accords etc. If your car is a Cali spec...then you ill get even more power out of it. Â*Like you said the driver does have alot to do with it. I think if you are going to go that far then I would also recomend getting a Â*70mm throttle body, and 2.5" exhaust piping. That will give you a nice sounding car with some balls...the nicest thing about it will be the Â*fact that people will look at your galant and think..."...oh its just a family car....wait shit that family car just smoked my ass..."

Itll be nice...I say go for it!!!!!!

Marc :mg:</div>
    What exactly is the 70mm throttle body ive heard something about it before but dont know what the deal with it is, how much?

Alister_McRae
    Personally, if i had the money to put down on a reasonably affordable sports car, i would get Subura WRX used or something along those lines, but i also think the Galant is a very nice looking car, especially for a sedan. If you look at most family sedans, there ugly, like the camry, and diamante. But the Galant has a sporty look to it, especially with a spoiler.

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RollinBishiStyle)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    What exactly is the 70mm throttle body ive heard something about it before but dont know what the deal with it is, how much?</div>

waste of your monye unless you plan to add a supercharger or turbo... not even worth your time...

APBRSX-S
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alister_McRae)</div><div class='quotemain'>Personally, if i had the money to put down on a reasonably affordable sports car, i would get Subura WRX used or something along those lines.</div>

How about a RSX hehe if u need help wit that u can talk to me

Well...

RollinBishiStyle,

I say do what you want and then stop when you feel your going overboard. But I agree with Tiller I say if youre all about performance, forget all the trivial stuff and go big time get a supercharger or a turbo! And besides you are starting with a v6 engine so that should be more than enough reason to do some performance modifications.

I think the mission for most of us on this board is not to turn their Galant into pure sports car but, to give the Galant sports car type qualities as well as having something thats unique from everyone out there. And also to prove to ricers as well as other people up who tend to think all Galants are just slow grocery-getters and are not capable of being hooked up or even remotely fast. And then when they get smoked by a Galant at a traffic light or on the freeway or on a back road, they wont be so quick to bad mouth the car and they will keep their mouths shut. I think thats what most people on this board are setting out to do, well if not anyone else, thats what Im setting out to do. Im tired of people thinking that you have to Honda if you want to hook up your car! Every car is capable of being fast...

But will you be able to beat everything else on the road? No
    But will you be able to hold your own on the freeway or at a traffic light against most cars? Yes

Also if you still feel proud to drive your car it shouldnt matter how much you spend on it.
    All I know is it doesnt matter if I am next to a new Altima or new Infiniti G35. I still feel proud to be in my 8G Galant and when that feeling changes, then and only then will I stop spending money on the car.

So, if you still love your car whats the big deal if you spend some cash on improving the performance? when it gets to the point that your sick of looking at the car and you have lost all interest in it. Stop spending the cash on the Galant and get something else.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Im just going to kind of take off the previous post by GalantT3

I love my 00' Galant, I have said time and time again to my friends and to people who are ragging on me because I have done mods to my galant. They think I have the set of mind that Im going to be able to beat everyone on the road. I know thats not true, and I will never ever be able to beat everyone on the road. Their will always be someone faster than me and everyone for that matter. My objective is to have my car stand out from all the Honda's and Accura's and all of the Trendwhore cars that people drive and distinguish my Galant from them, I want my galant to look good, but, I also want it to have some bite to it's bark. I already have my bite down on Civics and ricers like that. But I really just want to be able to hold my own on the road. Even if someone does beat me, I want to be able to give them a run for their money. All in all it comes down to this for me, It would not matter if a Nissan Skyline VSPEC-R pulled up beside me (granted I would look and drool) but I would be no less prouder to be sitting behind the wheel of my g-ride. 8)

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    i think making a galant beat other car that should be beaten a thrill. I think it was on the old site that they posted a minivan doing 10 secs on a 1/4 so talk about sleeper

Amen brother Cyniket! Preach on!

www.rippmods.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>no... don't waste your money... you want a fast car, buy something else....</div>

I'm gonna go with Tiller on this. If you're primary concern is being fast and beating people, get a car more designed for that. You can get a Mk 3 Supra pretty cheap and it has a ton of parts to build up to awesome power. I test drove one, V6 turbo, and the pull it had was wonderful. Plus targa roof was cool But anyway, it's not what we think that matters, it's what you want. But that's my opinion.

Examples:
    1991 Supra Turbo
    1991 Supra Turbo (can't believe he willingly put those wheels on, heh
    1992 Supra Turbo

ozkrow
    IN ONE WORD..NO!
    lets get real now, theres is no way you can beat any of the cars you listed...face it a 1.8t jetta will smoke us in a 1/4 mile...and any other decent car will do the same... besides you will see very little gains. and anyone with a decently moded civic can kik our ass.

my advice is to use your money on LOOKS rather than performance...rims etc. will be a better investment...or you can do like im doing and keep your car stock cuz its not worth fixin up and get a older car with some balls and hook that spit up...of course im gonna write the car off as a business expence...so i can write all that turbo and crap off and have uncle sam give me a tax break..hehehe its cool having ur own company...and its good that im only 21..ehehehehe

I dont know about any decently modded civic beating Galants but as for as the jetta 1.8T yeah that is true. But thats what I told him dont waste money on the trivial crap if hes all about racing get a turbo kit or a supercharger. :thumbsup:

www.rippmods.com

I beat civics with pride. The SI's will give me a little run for my money but I have beaten them and shut their trash talking up.

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast