The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is my galant worth it????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 61
    Senior TGC Member
    I never trust posted numbers unless it comes from the best of many drivers...we all know cars can vary a little bit, and it matters who is driving. Heck Car and Driver reported the V6 Galant as having a 9.1 0-60 time, when I managed to pull a 8.5 stock.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

5 words. Your Damn Right it's worth it. ok 6
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

stephen7983
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(APBRSX-S)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(APBRSX-S)</div><div class='quotemain'>ummm A Type S with I/E will barley run 15 sec wit a really good driver and a Type S eats most Si's (of course not the turbos)</div>

i guess you can't drive then...

Type-S 13.9
    Si 16.31

those are the respective hp to weigh ratios, you can obvioulsy see the "S" has a huge advantage over the Si... And I gaurantee you that the Si will run a 15.0 1/4 with an intake, clutch and tires...

oh, an my Si had a power to weight ratio of about 9.8 and she ran 13's all day long...</div>

o really care to take a look at this
    Quickest N/A
    1. [email protected] - allenp83
    2. [email protected] - cjmrsxs
    3. [email protected] - rsx blondie
    4. [email protected] - jdkindle
    5. 14.6862 @94.57 - 2ND RSX

Quickest Base
    1. 15.724 @87.79 - MTO RSX
    2. [email protected] - freds4
    3. [email protected] - capbill

Quickest F/I
    1. [email protected] - GRaFiX34 (75)
    2. [email protected] - daddy S (75)
    3. [email protected] - jdkindle (50)
    4. [email protected] - excess (50)
    5. [email protected] - slowracing (50)

Quickest 60ft FI
    1. 2.143 - GRaFiX34
    2. 2.198 - slowracing
    3. 2.2006 - jdkindle
    4. 2.259 - excess
    5. 2.33 - daddy S

Quickest 60ft N/A
    1. 2.205 - slowracing
    2. 2.2158 - jdkindle
    3. 2.225 - RickSXType-S
    4. 2.260 - rsxblondie
    5. 2.354 - MTO RSX

Best Reaction Time
    1. .5033 - jdkindle
    2. .521 - capbill
    3. .571 - MTO RSX
    4. .6086 - allenp83
    5. .6319 - RSX God

Fastest Trap FI
    1. 108.99 - daddy S
    2. 108.15 - GRaFiX34
    3. 103.14 - jdkindle
    4. 102.21 - excess
    5. 100.03 - slowracing

Fastest Trap N/A
    1. 96.53 - cjmrsxs
    2. 95.64 - rsxblondie
    3. 95.35 - jdkindle
    4. 94.92 - RickSXType-S
    5. 94.57 - 2ND RSX

(taken from clubrsx.com)</div>

Funny you mention RSX hehe.. my friend has a brand new RSX base model sporstronic wtih a custom intake. one day we decided to see how much balls it had, so my friend who drives a 93 Mitsubishi Mirage stock (about 112 hp) - 5 speed-- decided to race against the RSX. My friend with the Mirage beat the RSX by about 3 car lenghts (two times). I was surprised and so was my friend with the Mirage. As for my other friend with the brand new RSX , he was pissed and embarrased as hell, he was speechless. That just shows how much an RSX has. I would expect it even the base model to have balls.. I'm sure it would've been a different story with the type-s but im not even gonna go into that. btw.. Mitsubishis Rock!! lol

Gspeedvr42k1
    stephen7983, if u ever speak agian i will knock u the fuck out, my dad has a es i4 i raced a base rsx 5spd and i got fuckin smoked, and i also raced the mirages and i shit on them , hmmm somethings wrong... either your freind with the rsx has a automatic and doesnt know how to drive an AUTOMATIC, maybe he was sport shifting it down from D to 3 to 2 to 1 ahahhahahahahahahahhhahaha and i never wanna see u post another reply this topic is closed!

stephen7983
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gspeedvr42k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>stephen7983, if u ever speak agian i will knock u the fuck out, my dad has a es i4 i raced a base rsx 5spd and i got fuckin smoked, and i also raced the mirages and i shit on them , hmmm somethings wrong... either your freind with the rsx has a automatic and doesnt know how to drive an AUTOMATIC, maybe he was sport shifting it down from D to 3 to 2 to 1 ahahhahahahahahahahhhahaha and i never wanna see u post another reply this topic is closed!</div>

Yo calm your ass down dawg, why do you have to act so immature and yea I wanna see you knock me the fuck out, I already spoke turd, Im entitled to speak out, im telling this from experience and im not fabricating it. My friend does know how to use the sportstronic. and for your info my friend with Mirage had a 5 speed stick, and he knows how to drive it really well. You're comparing and RSX with a 4 cylinder Galant Automatic. which weights more than a mirage. Think again...Talking before thinking is like wiping your ass before taking a shit dawg... RSX base model with sporstronic = automatic , sporstronic is automatic, I dont care what anyones says, its nothing like stick. sporstronic is just between automatic and manual when it comes to peformance. And by the way it also depends on the driver as most people know, apperantly you're too ignorant to acknowledge that bone head. Unless your the moderator or the person in charge on this site you can't make me stop from replying. I dont know who you think you are dawg but you better calm it down.

BlueESV6
    I am amazed this post has gone as long as it has but anyway.... let's tone it down a bit... our ages are beginnning to show!! Threatening is uncalled for as everyone is entitled to thier opinion... whether it be fact or fiction...

As far as racing goes... that is why there are classes. Keeping the playing field even and keeping apples to apples and oranges to oranges...

Personally, I just want to have a nice car that is unique from other Galants. The fact you own a Galant shows you are already different from the rice field!

Mine's fast enough to get a speeding ticket with the best of them! (ha)

As far as is it worth it? It's more for the hunt than for the kill...

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gspeedvr42k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>stephen7983, if u ever speak agian i will knock u the fuck out, my dad has a es i4 i raced a base rsx 5spd and i got fuckin smoked, and i also raced the mirages and i shit on them , hmmm somethings wrong... either your freind with the rsx has a automatic and doesnt know how to drive an AUTOMATIC, maybe he was sport shifting it down from D to 3 to 2 to 1 ahahhahahahahahahahhhahaha and i never wanna see u post another reply this topic is closed!</div>

do us all a favor, and end yourself...

APBRSX-S
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stephen7983)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(APBRSX-S)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(APBRSX-S)</div><div class='quotemain'>ummm A Type S with I/E will barley run 15 sec wit a really good driver and a Type S eats most Si's (of course not the turbos)</div>

i guess you can't drive then...

Type-S 13.9
    Si 16.31

those are the respective hp to weigh ratios, you can obvioulsy see the "S" has a huge advantage over the Si... And I gaurantee you that the Si will run a 15.0 1/4 with an intake, clutch and tires...

oh, an my Si had a power to weight ratio of about 9.8 and she ran 13's all day long...</div>

o really care to take a look at this
    Quickest N/A
    1. [email protected] - allenp83
    2. [email protected] - cjmrsxs
    3. [email protected] - rsx blondie
    4. [email protected] - jdkindle
    5. 14.6862 @94.57 - 2ND RSX

Quickest Base
    1. 15.724 @87.79 - MTO RSX
    2. [email protected] - freds4
    3. [email protected] - capbill

Quickest F/I
    1. [email protected] - GRaFiX34 (75)
    2. [email protected] - daddy S (75)
    3. [email protected] - jdkindle (50)
    4. [email protected] - excess (50)
    5. [email protected] - slowracing (50)

Quickest 60ft FI
    1. 2.143 - GRaFiX34
    2. 2.198 - slowracing
    3. 2.2006 - jdkindle
    4. 2.259 - excess
    5. 2.33 - daddy S

Quickest 60ft N/A
    1. 2.205 - slowracing
    2. 2.2158 - jdkindle
    3. 2.225 - RickSXType-S
    4. 2.260 - rsxblondie
    5. 2.354 - MTO RSX

Best Reaction Time
    1. .5033 - jdkindle
    2. .521 - capbill
    3. .571 - MTO RSX
    4. .6086 - allenp83
    5. .6319 - RSX God

Fastest Trap FI
    1. 108.99 - daddy S
    2. 108.15 - GRaFiX34
    3. 103.14 - jdkindle
    4. 102.21 - excess
    5. 100.03 - slowracing

Fastest Trap N/A
    1. 96.53 - cjmrsxs
    2. 95.64 - rsxblondie
    3. 95.35 - jdkindle
    4. 94.92 - RickSXType-S
    5. 94.57 - 2ND RSX

(taken from clubrsx.com)</div>

Funny you mention RSX hehe.. my friend has a brand new RSX base model sporstronic wtih a custom intake. one day we decided to see how much balls it had, so my friend who drives a 93 Mitsubishi Mirage stock (about 112 hp) - 5 speed-- decided to race against the RSX. My friend with the Mirage beat the RSX by about 3 car lenghts (two times). I was surprised and so was my friend with the Mirage. As for my other friend with the brand new RSX , he was pissed and embarrased as hell, he was speechless. That just shows how much an RSX has. I would expect it even the base model to have balls.. I'm sure it would've been a different story with the type-s but im not even gonna go into that. btw.. Mitsubishis Rock!! lol</div>

O dear god i don't even know if i can touch this one.........yea ok a mirage beat a RSX 112 vs 160 hmmmm even if the RSX was a reg auto a 5 speed mirage still could not win im callin bs.....and as for u tiller STFU no1 likes u

Gspeedvr42k1
    Mirage 5 speed

Performance:

Base Number of Cylinders: 4
    Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters
    Base Engine Type: Inline 4
    Horsepower: 113 hp
    Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm
    Torque: 116 ft-lbs.
    Max Torque: 4500 rpm
    Drive Type: FWD
    Estimated Wheel Horsepower: 92hp

Length: 172.2 in.
    Width: 66.5 in.
    Height: 52.2 in.
    Weight: 2325 lbs.
    Wheel Base: 98.4 in.

Acura RSX Automatic (Base)

Performance:

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 8.7 sec.
    Braking Distance: 130 ft.
    Base Number of Cylinders: 4
    Base Engine Size: 2 liters
    Base Engine Type: Inline 4
    Horsepower: 160 hp
    Max Horsepower: 6500 rpm
    Torque: 141 ft-lbs.
    Max Torque: 4000 rpm
    Drive Type: FWD
    Estimated Wheel Horsepower: 148hp

Length: 172.2 in.
    Width: 67.9 in.
    Height: 55.1 in.
    Weight: 2769 lbs.
    Wheel Base: 101.2 in.
    Ground Clearance: 6 in

*im gonna say this one more time* I (MY DADS AUTMOATIC 2002 GALANT i4) DESTROYED A MIRAGE 5SPEED 115HP and a rsx base EATS ME, do the math YOU FUCKING MORON YOU ARE THE DUMBEST mOther fucking IDIOT ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET

stephen7983
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gspeedvr42k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mirage 5 speed

Performance:

Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Â*
    Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters Â*
    Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Â*
    Horsepower: 113 hp Â*
    Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Â*
    Torque: 116 ft-lbs. Â*
    Max Torque: 4500 rpm Â*
    Drive Type: FWD Â*

Length: 172.2 in. Â*
    Width: 66.5 in. Â*
    Height: 52.2 in. Â*
    Weight: 2325 lbs. Â*
    Wheel Base: 98.4 in. Â*

Performance: Â*

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 8.7 sec. Â*
    Braking Distance: 130 ft. Â*
    Base Engine Size: 2 liters Â*
    Horsepower: 160 hp Â*
    Max Horsepower: 6500 rpm Â*
    Torque: 141 ft-lbs. Â*
    Max Torque: 4000 rpm Â*

Width: 67.9 in. Â*
    Height: 55.1 in. Â*
    Weight: 2769 lbs. Â*
    Wheel Base: 101.2 in. Â*

*im gonna say this one more time* I (MY DADS AUTMOATIC 2002 GALANT i4) DESTROYED A MIRAGE 5SPEED 115HP and a rsx base EATS ME, do the math YOU FUCKING MORON YOU ARE THE DUMBEST mOther fucking IDIOT ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET </div>

Haha, im not even gonna put myself in your level, you're acting very immature. Like the other guys said, you're showing your age too much. And by the way its not all about the car, alot of it depends on the driver too, that's why different car magazine reviews for cars have different performance datas. You're basing it all on your personal experience, first of all, you're using a 5 speed rsx as an example, im using a sporstronic rsx as an example, so dont even bother..Now think again..or do you want me to keep embarrasing you?? Ask anyone in this board, and they'll tell you that a lot of it depends on the driver also. You're relying it all in the car, that's not how it works...if you have a high performance car and you dont know how to drive it, you think you can beat another person with the same car as you if he knows how to drive it??? and by the way, you're so ignorant, you dont even know how a sporstronic is set up, that just shows how dull you are.. lol D, 4, 3, 2, 1. Keep this in mind, sporstronic in the RSX is only up and down shifting, and by the way it goes up to 5 not 4.. haha it's funny how you think you know so much... and here's the performance data for the mirage 5 speed, which you failed to show I guess cause you just dont want to accept the fact that the base RSX isn't all that after all. Check this peformance data from the mirage. This came from www.autosite.com
    My friend's car trim is LS as well.

94 LS Cpe MT Apr-94 1.8 I-4/5M
    0-60, s. 8.70
    1/4 Mile, s. 16.60
    60-0 Braking, ft. 133.00
    Slalom, mph 63.20
    Skidpad, g. 0.82

Here's another one

97 LS Cpe C&D Jan-97 1.8 I-4/5M
    0-50, s. 6.20
    0-60, s. 8.70
    0-70, s. 11.90
    1/4 Mile, s. 16.80
    Top Speed, mph 117.00
    70-0 Braking, ft. 197.00
    Skidpad, g. 0.78
    Idle, dBA 43.00
    Full Throttle, dBA 80.00
    70 mph Cruising, dBA 74.00
    70 mph Coasting, dBA 73.00

I close my case here.... oh and one more thing, at least site where you're getting that data from, for all we know it may all be fabrication.. hehe that's another point im making on how dull you are.. hehe

stephen7983
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gspeedvr42k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mirage 5 speed

Performance:

*im gonna say this one more time* I (MY DADS AUTMOATIC 2002 GALANT i4) DESTROYED A MIRAGE 5SPEED 115HP and a rsx base EATS ME, do the math YOU FUCKING MORON YOU ARE THE DUMBEST mOther fucking IDIOT ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET </div>

Haha, im not even gonna put myself in your level, you're acting very immature. Like the other guys said, you're showing your age too much. And by the way its not all about the car, alot of it depends on the driver too, that's why different car magazine reviews for cars have different performance datas. Now think again..or do you want me to keep embarrasing you?? Ask anyone in this board, and they'll tell you that a lot of it depends on the driver also. You're relying it all in the car, that's not how it works...if you have a high performance car and you dont know how to drive it, you think you can beat another person with the same car as you if he knows how to drive it??? and by the way, you're so ignorant, you dont even know how a sporstronic is set up, that just shows how dull you are.. lol D, 4, 3, 2, 1. Keep this in mind, sporstronic in the RSX is only up and down shifting, and by the way it goes up to 5 not 4.. haha it's funny how you think you know so much... and here's the performance data for the mirage 5 speed, which you failed to show I guess cause you just dont want to accept the fact that the base RSX isn't all that after all. Check this peformance data from the mirage. This came from www.autosite.com

0-60, s. 8.70
    1/4 Mile, s. 16.60
    60-0 Braking, ft. 133.00
    Slalom, mph 63.20
    Skidpad, g. 0.82

Here's another one

0-50, s. 6.20
    0-60, s. 8.70
    0-70, s. 11.90
    1/4 Mile, s. 16.80
    Top Speed, mph 117.00
    70-0 Braking, ft. 197.00
    Skidpad, g. 0.78
    Idle, dBA 43.00
    Full Throttle, dBA 80.00

I close my case here....

APBRSX-S
    HAHA yea ok well a reg auto RSX has about the same 0-60 as a mirage....a SS RSX WITH intake would take the mirage and lets not even talk about what the S would do to a Mirage.....im still callin BS

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(APBRSX-S)</div><div class='quotemain'>and as for u tiller STFU no1 likes u</div>

boohoo... hey, where's the pics of that fake ass CBR you threatened me with...

fuckin liars... don't ya just hate 'em...?

APBRSX-S
    hahaha ok im gonna take the time to post mine when u don't even have pics.....yea and the pic in the sig doesn't count it's not even urs

Why don't you girls just grow up and let this go. :fingers: You're wasting valuable bandwidth to accomplish absolutely nothing.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(APBRSX-S)</div><div class='quotemain'>hahaha ok im gonna take the time to post mine when u don't even have pics.....yea and the pic in the sig doesn't count it's not even urs</div>

classic riceboy... try and call out the other guy instead of facing up to the facts...

guess this isn't mine either eh...?

stunnade

Tiller
    fear this car if you see it too...

Gspeedvr42k1
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stephen7983)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gspeedvr42k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mirage 5 speed

Performance:

Acura RSX <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Automatic</span> (Base)

Haha, im not even gonna put myself in your level, you're acting very immature. Like the other guys said, you're showing your age too much. And by the way its not all about the car, alot of it depends on the driver too, that's why different car magazine reviews for cars have different performance datas. You're basing it all on your personal experience, <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>first of all, you're using a 5 speed rsx as an example</span></span>Keep this in mind, sporstronic in the RSX is only up and down shifting, and by the way it goes up to 5 not 4.. haha it's funny how you think you know so much... and here's the performance data for the mirage 5 speed, which you failed to show I guess cause you just dont want to accept the fact that the base RSX isn't all that after all. Check this peformance data from the mirage. This came from www.autosite.com

0-60, s. 8.70
    1/4 Mile, s. 16.60
    60-0 Braking, ft. 133.00
    Slalom, mph 63.20
    Skidpad, g. 0.82

Here's another one

0-50, s. 6.20
    0-60, s. 8.70
    0-70, s. 11.90
    1/4 Mile, s. 16.80
    Top Speed, mph 117.00
    70-0 Braking, ft. 197.00
    Skidpad, g. 0.78
    Idle, dBA 43.00
    Full Throttle, dBA 80.00

I close my case here.... oh and one more thing, at least site where you're getting that data from, for all we know it may all be fabrication.. hehe that's another point im making on how dull you are.. hehe</div>[size=12]</span>

[size=18]FRIST OFF, U FUCKING MORON, i was basing it on 5 speed?????? ahahahah NO! LEARN TO FUCKING READ IT SAYS Acura RSX [size=24]<span style='color:red'>Automatic</span>

Gspeedvr42k1
    tiller, both pics back to the owner please.

Gspeedvr42k1
    <span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>tiller if u even try to say an Si can take a Type-s then damn man u need a 5 minute time out in the coner with a dunce cap, r u gonna say that ur Si can take my 2002 M3? id love to fuckin shit on you with it, hey stephan ur friends mirage cant even beat my fuckin Honda lawn mower not after i slapped on some type r stickers</span>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast