The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: where can i buy a drain hose ??

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    ZiplokeR

Icon9 TSB-02-55-006 deformed evaporator foam pad HELP

i have a 2003 galant with a water leak problem. the water is seeping into the drivers side cabin by the evaporator drain, directly next to the gas pedal.

Im missing the 90 degree elbow hose and i think the water is leaking back into the cabin due to the missing hose.

does any1 know where i can buy this 90 degree hose online or know any alternative fixes?

I've tried using a compressor to blow out debirs thinking it was clogged but it was not clogged and water is still seeping in by the evaporator drain.

Thanks
    Last edited by ZiplokeR; 02-14-2010 at 06:14 PM Reason: updated goal.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    go to a junkyard and pull it from a wrecked 8g
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I'm sure there's a part number for it.. Try the parts department at your local mitsu dealer..

ZiplokeR
    Thanks for the reply, i went to the junkyard but couldent find it. I ended up putting a small piece of plastic tubing from the hardware store but it still leaking water into the drivers side cabin.

i sprayed water down the firewall and i can see where the water enters the cabin. Its comming right from under where the evaporator drain enters the firewall, next to the gas pedal.

Would this mean i need to follow ther instructions for TSB-02-55-006?
    it says that if the evaporator foam pad between the firewall and cabin is deformed water will leak in. A few days ago i blew compress air into the evap drain so i know its not clogged. is there a way to use some sort of caluking from the outside of the drain? otherwise i would have to go to AC shop to drain my AC, take the dash apart for a few hours to replace this foam, then back to the AC shop to refill AC? please help i've been driving with no carpet for a few weeks and i cant install the new carpet till i resolve this, any help will be much appreciated

Where can i buy online an "Evaporator Foam Pad" part# MN121314
    Last edited by ZiplokeR; 02-14-2010 at 06:14 PM

Here is a place it only costs $4.61. Not sure if you could get it cheaper elsewhere. http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/pa...&siteid=214331

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Bad link.. I have a leak on the drivers side too now that you mention it.. I didnt see it until I lifted the carpet. I have to check that out..

ZiplokeR
    Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    Here is a place it only costs $4.61. Not sure if you could get it cheaper elsewhere. http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/pa...&siteid=214331
    thanks.. gonna order one. im gonna discharge my AC somtime next week, so i can then get to the evap to replace the foam, and check the heater core etc.. for cracks, unless anyone knows an eaiser fix. I'll post some pics up later on how it went.

i dont think you need an actual tube pointing down. On 02-03 Galants, there is no tube. Just a little nub sticking out the firewall

ZiplokeR
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    i dont think you need an actual tube pointing down. On 02-03 Galants, there is no tube. Just a little nub sticking out the firewall
    thanks for the reply, I put tubing there because I thought the water was exiting the evap drain and running back into the cabin, kinda like when you pour out a glass of water and as your pouring, the water runs down the outside of the glass. But after putting that tubing water would still dribble out of the evap drain, right next to the gas pedal.

I'm preaty sure the evap drain is not cloged cuz I shot compressed air in there plus I never hear and sloshing sounds as if the water was accumulating in the evap chamber. It seems like the water is leaking right b4 it exits the evap drain.

on the outside of the firewall the evap drain is metal but on the inside of the fire wall it's plastic. Is it possible that where the plastic meets the metal there is a crack or something? Has any1 every cut that plastic 90 degree elbow off and replaced that small section with some sort of plastic tubing? That seems easier then replacing the evaporator foam pad as the tecnical bullitin I posted above indicates.

ZiplokeR
    problem solved i hope. turns out there were a bunch of leaves in the base of the center console area, right b4 the evap drain, but it wasent causing it to back up.

i believe a water leak by the heater hose was spraying water at the evap drain tube in firewall and water was entering the drivers cabin from there, i eneded up putting some black silicone and its seems to work now when i spray water down the firewall its all good. now i just need to fix the water leak by the heater hose. thanks again folks

Before

After

dayam. thats a lot of leaves.

where is this at?

ZiplokeR
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziKai View Post
    where is this at?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiplokeR View Post
    ooooo.... way in there...