The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 0 rpm

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Icon4 0 rpm

hey guys whats up? ok so my 2001 Galant its a ES 4 cylinder is having problems starting. when i start if i don't step on the gas rev it than put it in drive it will die and the brakes and steering wheel will freeze up. I think i need to change my spark plugs i really dont no. what happened before was it would idle bad when i was at a stop light and i would have to put my car in neutral so it wouldn't shake, but today now its really bad if i have to slow down to much or stop at all my rpm will drop under 1000 and my car will die my brake light and battery light will come on and everything freezes up. it starts up fine for a quick second but will die if I'm not giving it gas, any ideas? Im thinking spark plugs fuel filter or air filter hoping its not all 3. Also its not my battery starter or alternator all 3 are brand new
    Last edited by Not0rious76; 02-08-2010 at 05:46 PM

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Did you disconnected the battery lately?

4g64T 5spd

No its been running fine even this morning when i was driving it but after work i went somewhere than after that is when it happened

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Maybe your IAC? I would change your air filter, PCV valve, coils, and throw some injector cleaner in there.

man i hope its not the IAC. its to cold outside to be doing that i live in MN.

Clean your throttle body?
    http://www.gasketer.ecrater.com/
    get you OEM parts with low price

jlfisher360
    You have a cracked intake manifold most likely. Spray some Carb/Choke cleaner on the manifold while you have a friend revving it and look for bubbles but most likely the crack is on the bottom. ANd if you unplug your MAF sensor from your intake it will run better until you can get it fixed.

i think thats what it is fisher because it all of a sudden happened when i was on the freeway felt like my car wasn't running right. damn how long u think it will run if i take off the MAF sensor?
    Last edited by Not0rious76; 02-09-2010 at 03:21 PM

i installed my spark plugs n pcv it didnt do anything but i found out that my air filter is cracked where the screws meet the whole thing is broken not just cracked so i figure thats the problem