The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: megan headers

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

megan headers

i have the v6 and am thinking about buying the megan headers for the eclipse, my question is will they bolt right up to my existing exhaust or will it require some fab. i know the eclipse cat backs need to be extended also does anybody know how they sound? thanks any help is appreciated

Read this before attempting
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/parts-re...batch-bad.html

And read it all of it and don't start a new thread by bitching/moaning why it wouldn't fit right....

Quote Originally Posted by galantdriver1036 View Post
    i have the v6 and am thinking about buying the megan headers for the eclipse, my question is will they bolt right up to my existing exhaust or will it require some fab. i know the eclipse cat backs need to be extended also does anybody know how they sound? thanks any help is appreciated
    does anyone know how "they" sound. They is so general this question is worthless. Most aftermarket headers wont bolt straight up.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Read this before attempting
    http://www.club3g.com/forum/parts-re...batch-bad.html

And read it all of it and don't start a new thread by bitching/moaning why it wouldn't fit right....
    Well those are the ones for the 4g64, but as far as we know they still could have a entire bad batch for their exhaust products, but i have heard little to nothing on these headers. Do you have an after-market exhaust ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    Well those are the ones for the 4g64, but as far as we know they still could have a entire bad batch for their exhaust products, but i have heard little to nothing on these headers. Do you have an after-market exhaust ?
    no i only have a muffler right now but im looking into cat-backs also

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    does anyone know how "they" sound. They is so general this question is worthless. Most aftermarket headers wont bolt straight up.
    they as in the megan headers for the v6 eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by galantdriver1036 View Post
    they as in the megan headers for the v6 eclipse
    "i know the eclipse cat backs need to be extended also does anybody know how they sound?"

fix your grammar before you ask a question then cause as far as I can tell you are asking how the cat backs sound.

From what I heard headers dont sound pretty just stick with your muffler because you will not get more than like 5 more hp at the crank which is like nothing at the wheels.

sorry for the confusion

Eclipse headers, catbacks etc all have to be extended for teh "G"

I know on my 4G64 I had to extend both my headers and Catback for it to fit...

Don't even bother with those headers. I've heard sound clips and they sound like trash.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    they only would look cool