The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nitrous question (not the usual one either)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Kain

Nitrous question (not the usual one either)

Why are Nitrous kits almost always in excess of $500? I've looked at them, and it really dosen't seem like you're getting your money's worth. You get a bottle (empty), some lines, some fittings, a couple of switches, and if you go with either ZEX or Venom, a computer control module. Is there more to the kits that is shown in most of the pictures in advertisements? I don't know it just seems like there's a huge markup somewhere or something. That's one of the main reasons that I've never gotten a nitrous kit. I was hoping someone could explain the seemingly excessive cost, or even offer thoughts.

They are selling two things mainly. Their name and the computer unit....The rest are cheap......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Senior TGC Member
    The bottle itself is also expensive. Especially if you go with the carbon fiber ones
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well, u get some stickers with the NOS kits...those jack up the HP.

but in seriousness, the computer modules are extremely advanced and are finely tuned to a specific car make/model. u also pay for quality of the components. not just regular garden hoses will make good nos hoses. but in the end, i guess you do pay a lot more for what u should be getting.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>The bottle itself is also expensive. Especially if you go with the carbon fiber ones </div>

hell yeah they are! before i blew my motor i had wanted to do 2 ZEX bottles....the guy quoted me 300 bucks for just a ZEX bottle, i can only imagine what CF ones run.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>hell yeah they are! Â*before i blew my motor i had wanted to do 2 ZEX bottles....the guy quoted me 300 bucks for just a ZEX bottle, i can only imagine what CF ones run. Â*</div>

448 my friend
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>The bottle itself is also expensive. Especially if you go with the carbon fiber ones </div>

hell yeah they are! before i blew my motor i had wanted to do 2 ZEX bottles....the guy quoted me 300 bucks for just a ZEX bottle, i can only imagine what CF ones run. </div>

If i knew you needed a secondary bottle i would have sold you the kit i got for free from ZEX...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.