The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Antifreeze (how much)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Antifreeze (how much)

Anyone know how much antifreeze a 1999 Galant needs? I have a hose that is coming off the bottom right side (if looking at the engine) and coming up right under the air intake. It seems to be leaking right there under the airhose. I tried to adjust the hose recently with it not making a difference. Most likely I will remove the entire hose tomorrow which means I will loose some fluids. So just wondering what it will take to fill it back up so I can have it on hand.
    99 Galant

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Mine has a mark on the antifreeze reservoir that says FULL. Just buy the container, it should be enough.

4g64T 5spd

Your correct there is a mark on the reservor but I will actually be lossing some fluid from the radiator itself when I take off this hose. So Im wondering how much antifreeze is in the entire system. Like if you were to go get it drained and they had to refill it how much would it take?
    99 Galant

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I think that the 1 gallon container should be enough, but if you want to make sure, buy more, Having in excess is better than having less.

4g64T 5spd

I guess I will just ask the people at Advance Auto when I go to buy antifreeze. Not trying to have 5 gallons of the stuff sitting around and I do not wanna be left short either so.
    99 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I would get two..

From the service manual:
    7.4 quarts for the I4, or a little more than 1 and 3/4 gallons
    8.5 quarts for the V6, or about 2 and 1/4 gallons