The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking for 2 lowering springs for front

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23
    Randolph

Looking for 2 lowering springs for front

I need ATLEAST a 2.00" drop. I am just doing the front for now because of obvious reasons. Can anyone hook me up? Ebay doesn't have what I am looking for (they include 4). Thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    If you want a 2 inch drop, You're gunna need coils.. Not sure what the lowest spring setup is but Im sure it doesn't hit 2''

the lowest the go is megan racing or i think i saw some h&r for 2 drop

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    lowering just the front?

well just put the front because i dont know you sell only front springs i no my friend he does but look at used than

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    lowering just the front?
    I think thats what he is trying to achieve. Lower the whole car or dont lower it at all. You are gonna fuck your shit up and understeer. Stop being fucking cheap and buy all 4. If you are already lowered in the rear, then find the same brand you have or once again your ratio will be off and I will be there to say "I told you so" when you fuck your shit up

And you cannot post in the for sale section because you are a new member. Read the rules this thread is worthless. If you need advice ask, but we will not sell you just 2 lowering springs for your front.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    well just put the front because i dont know you sell only front springs i no my friend he does but look at used than
    that is horrible advice.

yeah he is right why lower just the front why cant you just lowred the whole thing the back is the easyst anyway

It has nothing to do with understeer, that is a byproduct of improper spring rates front to rear. Aftermarket springs will NOT have even close to the same spring rates as factory. Especially since most factory springs are not even progressive rate springs. Not to mention ride height, bump steer, and a host of other potential problems that can arise from installing just two lowering springs. So, don't bother buying just two, its unsafe.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i agree get all four and new stiffer shocks that can handle being coupled with shorter springs.

if you want a serious drop, go for 2g eclipse shocks and springs as they are the same style but shorter than the galants. so a 1.5 drop on a 2g is like a 2" on our cars. but def keep ur stockers for winter and invest in camber kits and get an alignment right away

the megans are 1.5 for the 7g and my kit was 1.5 but for the 2g FWD.. i had no gap at all, but the ppl with megans still have some

pics!!!

2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

what happen to the jdm visor and tailight

what happen to the jdm visor and tailight
    its an old pic from this passed summer.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Randolph
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I think thats what he is trying to achieve. Lower the whole car or dont lower it at all. You are gonna fuck your shit up and understeer. Stop being fucking cheap and buy all 4. If you are already lowered in the rear, then find the same brand you have or once again your ratio will be off and I will be there to say "I told you so" when you fuck your shit up

And you cannot post in the for sale section because you are a new member. Read the rules this thread is worthless. If you need advice ask, but we will not sell you just 2 lowering springs for your front.

that is horrible advice.
    What the fuck? There really is no need to be so hostile. And if I need all 4, I can get all 4. It's okay. It's not a big deal. And I am not posting in the For Sale section....I posted here because I thought I maybe could get a link or something. It shouldn't fucking matter if I am a new member or not...I been lurking these forums for almost a year now and I am just now posting because I was unsure about my question. Also, my thread is worthless? Again. What the fuck would be the point of Forums for asking questions, if my thread is "worthless"?

Galanttuner10; Is that Megan 2G Eclipse 1.5" front and back? That drop looks nice. What kind've rims are those also?

Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    What the fuck? There really is no need to be so hostile. And if I need all 4, I can get all 4. It's okay. It's not a big deal. And I am not posting in the For Sale section....I posted here because I thought I maybe could get a link or something. It shouldn't fucking matter if I am a new member or not...I been lurking these forums for almost a year now and I am just now posting because I was unsure about my question. Also, my thread is worthless? Again. What the fuck would be the point of Forums for asking questions, if my thread is "worthless"?

Galanttuner10; Is that Megan 2G Eclipse 1.5" front and back? That drop looks nice. What kind've rims are those also?
    Sorry about the hostility, but it seemed like you were asking someone to sell them to you.

There have been a lot of "stupid" questions lately and they just kinda got on my nerves because people dont search. Nothing against you, but yes as you can see we suggest getting all 4 and another thing is, not sure if its the same with 7Gs, but a lot of struts cannot handle an aggressive drop so you may want to look at coilovers as well. They will ride better too.

i had tokico illumina shocks with tokico springs which were 1.5 front and rear. honestly i am telling you, save the money and get 4 new lower springs and 4 new shocks

here was exactly what i bought over a year ago same seller and everything. its a little more now but is worth it
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...Q5fAccessories

another major issue is camber after such a steep drop so get front and rear camber kits and then get an alignment asap or ur tires will be toast. save and do it right the first time and save the headache as it may seem cheaper to just get 2 or 4 spings but then ur gonna pay a lot more after tires and new shocks etc.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I have a set of tokicos that im going to be getting rid of, they are pretty much new i put them on my car in march and pulled it apart in june so they have about 4k on them if that. Paid about 400 shipped for them new would sell them for 300 shipped.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Meagan racing springs lower the front 2.0'' and rear 1.9'' i got em

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galant Evolution View Post
    Meagan racing springs lower the front 2.0'' and rear 1.9'' i got em
    the OP has a 7g the Megan Racing lowering springs specs for 7g is 1.75" all around (Front and Rear).

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    the OP has a 7g the Megan Racing lowering springs specs for 7g is 1.75" all around (Front and Rear).
    Oh shyte my bad, still 1.7 is pretty close to a 2'' drop

dude especialy listen to galant tuner because he told me he hit his oil pan when it was to drop even with good springs and strut

dude especialy listen to galant tuner because he told me he hit his oil pan when it was to drop even with good springs and strut
    Ugh your sentences make my head hurt! Please read what you typed before hitting post

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast