The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine cleaning

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 68 of 68
    I have always kept my engine compartment clean, so all I ever need to do is use a wet rag every now and then,,,,but I did have GREAT results using "Engine Brite" aerosol on my friend's Pontiac,,,,,it had over 100k miles, and he never cleaned it....ever....and it came out clean as a whistle.

ok so.. i did that today.... i drove to autozone got a can of the foam... got home open the hood.. wrap the battery and injen filter... waited about 30 mins for it to cool down.... sprayed it... *half of the can* let it sit... sprayed somemore.. and brushed it a bit.. rinse.. had steam come up.. i guess thats normal.. from a semi hot engine.. then after about 30 mins later.. i started the g.. well rpm was under 500 at first tried to rev it up. it wanted to die... drove around the complex... engine felt like its going to die.. got to the red light.. it died...

started it up.. floored it.. 70 on a 35.... and it was normal.. but one thing i noticed when im in park my rpm is up at 1500 is that normal or should i be worried about something....

I told you about that foam shit. LOL. my bad. Check all sensor are in place, make sure all vacuum lines are not loose or anything. Causes:
    - Vacuum leak- "I think this is the cause"
    - Poorly adjusted idle set screw-check that
    - TB blade not sealing properly
    - Check the MAF sensor is connected.
    - IAC valve issue
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-29-2010 at 11:11 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Next time just leave the engine on when hosing it down and you won't have problem and why are you covering the battery? I don't

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Next time just leave the engine on when hosing it down and you won't have problem and why are you covering the battery? I don't
    Same I foamed the battery and covered intake is all.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    is your car still idling at 1500 rpm?

i used the engine brighte stuff at one poin and it seemed to work good, i also used simple green and it left a minty fresh smell that was clean but the motor wasnt shiny or anything

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    if you want your hoses and stuff to be shiny, you need to use plastic/vinyl dressup

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234