The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thoughts and ideas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 47
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I had same shit happen on front driver side wheel.
    yeah man that feeling is crazy i was driving and then all of a sudden no bullshit i saw my rim rolling past my car and then booom n i started sliding lmao shits crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    and what would i zip tie it 2? i tried it b4 but it dont seem to work
    I have ziptied mine to my battery mount before, but you can find other places to mount it im sure.

yeah man that feeling is crazy i was driving and then all of a sudden no bullshit i saw my rim rolling past my car and then booom n i started sliding lmao shits crazy
    yeah it happened like that to me. Took the damn tow truck like 30 minutes to figure out how to jack it up. handling was also slightly compromised.

400 dollars isnt too bad for paint work/install in our area. you gotta add in the fact of blending the new paint on the fender into the hood, front bumper cover and drivers door. and possibly the mirror and pillar as well if they are a good shop. but if the price is just to paint the fender thats kinda high.
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

yeahh man lol glad 2 see some1 else from mass on here
    but yeah thats pretty much what he said blending and he said i have a complacated paint job like 3 stage or somethin cant really remember but yeah i thought 400 for the fender alone was pricey and then i asked him to paint the rear visor and rain gaurds im getting n he said he would do the fender and the gaurds and some other nicks n dings on the car for 750...then he said 100 extra to fix my rear bumper some other stuff wit that so i guess 850 total for everything....thats alot and i was planning on going jdm hopefully sooner then later so i wont wanna paint then get new bumpers later that need to be painted....geesh so im thinking fender by itself just to make the car look decent but 400....?

[QUOTE=03-Galant-ES;570385]I have ziptied mine to my battery mount before, but you can find other places to mount it im sure.

i zip tied it to that wire rite there thats next to the fuse box i think sorry for my vauge explanation im trying 2 remember the engine bay from memory lol but yeah i looked for a intake tut on here but they only have the mod where u use ur stock filter

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    your exterior looks pretty much done. i say work on your interior: 3G Eclipse black seats, vinyl up your dash and door panels. thats what i would do. maybe another TV or two haha jk

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    oh, and an exhaust too

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    oh, and an exhaust too
    there is a function for editing posts :-P

I have ziptied mine to my battery mount before, but you can find other places to mount it im sure.
    i zip tied it to that wire rite there thats next to the fuse box i think sorry for my vauge explanation im trying 2 remember the engine bay from memory lol but yeah i looked for a intake tut on here but they only have the mod where u use ur stock filter
    if you get a picture we can help. And 850 for everthing isnt too bad once I get my exterior finished I am expecting somewhere around 3500 for labor and paint unless I do the work myself. But I would rather it be clean. Probably gonna shell out the extra for a complete respray of the OEM Gray

mmm what r these black seats u speak of lol i want my inside black lol i got the car with grey cloth i upgraded to leather( seats door panels pretty much a whole interior including a rug and dash packed it in the back on my g and my boys tl) for 100 bucks and the guy threw in the carbon fiber thing a miggys for free which now im findin out ppl want 400+ for so that was nice but now i want to add the custom look how much work is it vinyl the dash like u said i tried the spray paint route with the last door panels i had didnt come out bad but didnt come out like a pro did it either and i do want more tvs lol im surrounded by car fanatics my boy has a navagator wit 14 tvs in it last time i counted lol i want the ones i have now and the another 1 with the rear view mirror is 2 in the head rest and maybe just maybe a flip down 1 in the middle....i dont really wanna over do it but my car does enter shows and it seems the more in car entertainment u have the better u do
    Last edited by Fresh_617; 02-22-2010 at 02:18 AM

and ill take a pic of my intake soon as i come up on a camera or i get my new phone in the mail lol as far as exhaust i wanted 1 but for some reason cops give tickets like nothing for exhaust i was sittin next 2 my boys cars (civic and accord) they both got tickets for exhaust and and i didnt lol but how much do they normally run?

mmm what r these black seats u speak of lol i want my inside black lol i got the car with grey cloth i upgraded to leather( seats door panels pretty much a whole interior including a rug and dash packed it in the back on my g and my boys tl) for 100 bucks and the guy threw in the carbon fiber thing a miggys for free which now im findin out ppl want 400+ for so that was nice but now i want to add the custom look how much work is it vinyl the dash like u said i tried the spray paint route with the last door panels i had didnt come out bad but didnt come out like a pro did it either and i do want more tvs lol im surrounded by car fanatics my boy has a navagator wit 26 tvs in it last time i counted lol i want the ones i have now and the another 1 with the rear view mirror is 2 in the head rest and maybe just maybe a flip down 1 in the middle....i dont really wanna over do it but my car does enter shows and it seems the more in car entertainment u have the better u do
    haha doesnt sound like a track car to me. But 26 screens is over kill. I am thinking like 4 screens at most and possibly turning 3 into mirrors I have 2 infrared cameras right now. A 3rd and I can have 2 side cameras and one rear.

i didnt even think about a 3 plus stage paint job. 850 is really good for all that work. but if you want to just get by, you could just have the fender done. but it may stand out from the hood and door in the right lighting conditions. but for the color of your car. i wouldnt worry to much about it. it wont be to easy to notice. i would save up for the jdm then sink the money into the paint job
    98 Galant ES

lol im sorry he doesnt have 26 tvs he has 14 i was thinkin about his rim size when i said 26 and yeah far from track car even tho i dont wanna b beat in a race lol since we are talkin about it....i run my mouth alot about how my g is the best blah blah blah...any chance i can beat a 08 civic si? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Way Fast Galant View Post
    i didnt even think about a 3 plus stage paint job. 850 is really good for all that work. but if you want to just get by, you could just have the fender done. but it may stand out from the hood and door in the right lighting conditions. but for the color of your car. i wouldnt worry to much about it. it wont be to easy to notice. i would save up for the jdm then sink the money into the paint job
    yeahh i might have to do that the thing is world of wheels is comin to the bay side expo center and i entered...i cant b in the show it fender the way it is now and i cant b in it with a primed fender either so u think i should just suck it up and pay the 400 for the fender...not paint the visor or rain gaurds and jus leave it the way it is i mean it looks decent its just the fender is a eye sore

lol im sorry he doesnt have 26 tvs he has 14 i was thinkin about his rim size when i said 26 and yeah far from track car even tho i dont wanna b beat in a race lol since we are talkin about it....i run my mouth alot about how my g is the best blah blah blah...any chance i can beat a 08 civic si? lol
    http://www.hiddenpinholecameras.com/...era-system.htm

^^I want one of those.

I dont think you can beat an 08 si, but turbo that shit and run rings around it. My bro has an 03 si hatch and my G has no shot.

wow, world of wheels is running late this year lol. every time ive gone its always been in january. but i havent been in 2 years. but if your entered i would deffenatly get the fender done properly and wait on the rest if your budget is low.
    98 Galant ES

http://www.hiddenpinholecameras.com/...era-system.htm

^^I want one of those.

I dont think you can beat an 08 si, but turbo that shit and run rings around it. My bro has an 03 si hatch and my G has no shot.

ohhh man that mirror is hottttt lol

n the funny thing is my boy had a 3g n he had a turbo for it which he gave 2 me but i know nothing of turbos or anything so its just sitting in the basement collecting dust it was never used as far as i know im not sure what i want to do with it my throttle response is slow anyways i floor it and it picks up speed very very slow or sometimes it takes a few seconds but then it jumps to life and picks up speed so im not sure about turbo'in something that doesnt seem to even be a sturdy base u kno

Quote Originally Posted by Way Fast Galant View Post
    wow, world of wheels is running late this year lol. every time ive gone its always been in january. but i havent been in 2 years. but if your entered i would deffenatly get the fender done properly and wait on the rest if your budget is low.
    lol yeahhhhh they were saying that they were sick of cars coming in with snow on them and all these other issues so they moved it to march...but then i guess im gonna jus fix the fender...this person painted my car the 1st time so i trust his work but for my own peice of mind im gonna ask a few other shops just to be sure then if they are all about the same price ill cough up the money for then fender then from there on save for JDM!!!

you have a 4g69 according to your garage :-P I do believe your car is 4g64 since it appears to be non-mivec

you should research turbocharging a bit, and possible upgrades for you to consider are outlander manifold and v6 throttle body take baby steps like me :)

you have a 4g69 according to your garage :-P I do believe your car is 4g64 since it appears to be non-mivec

you should research turbocharging a bit, and possible upgrades for you to consider are outlander manifold and v6 throttle body take baby steps like me :)
    lol im sorry when i made that i had no idea what it was i jus clicked it cuz it said 2.4l =( im such a noob but yeah ill def look into it ive been researchin it and lookin at builds on here seems like alot of work i was def considering the v6 throttle body as well tho i read that it makes it more responsive so if u start to do it share what u find with me i love learnin about this car lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast