The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hid

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

hid

does anyone have h i d i and how did you make the whole on the headlight cover

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You need to explain a little more I dont understand what you want.

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    yes i have HID's

there is a cover for the 7 g that cover where you get to the light bulb but when you get hid how do you put it back

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

well I have an 8g and it comes with a rubber cover with oem bulbs, with HID's i didn't put it back but you can always try cutting it to fit.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 02-13-2010 at 09:31 PM

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    there is a cover for the 7 g that cover where you get to the light bulb but when you get hid how do you put it back
    I understand what you are asking.
    The 7g has a weatherproof cover for the access to the low beam(and a seperate one for the high beam)
    the wiring to the bulbs goes through a harness that enters the headlamps from a different spot.
    So to access and change bulbs, you have to remove these access covers... which do not have holes.
    In order to install HID's you have to drill holes through the access covers for the HID wiring.

I do not have ths problem because I have different headlamps. However some other 7g guys may e able to help you.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

your kit should of came with rubber seals. you drill holes in the white caps (weather proof seals) install the seals in the newly drilled holes, and then run the wires through the hole

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yeah that i did today

Randolph
    wtf

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    wtf
    pointless?

sorry

I left mine open...simply because the headlights I have are shitty to begin with. When I get my JDMS I am gonna run the wire properly so the light is sealed. The only way to close the back is like they said drill a hole, or pull the light out and run the wiring in the same place as the OEM wires

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    I left mine open...simply because the headlights I have are shitty to begin with. When I get my JDMS I am gonna run the wire properly so the light is sealed. The only way to close the back is like they said drill a hole, or pull the light out and run the wiring in the same place as the OEM wires
    jdms you dont need to. the rear housing is diffrent ;)

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.