The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tips on install

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    driving my g-ride

tips on install

i need any and all tips on installing my new KYB's and coilovers. i want to install them tonite. i want to get my ride ready for an up coming show here. I will be the only import at the show.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html

under suspension they have a few tutorials that are pretty straight forward...even though they are for Eclipse and Talons the info should be enough to get you through your install...i bet a few others have some usefull info, but they are all asleep...losers :lauging:
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Try to have a torque wrench and a spring compressor, so you can do the job right the first time :thumbsup:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

driving my g-ride
    how wide should the front coilovers be? should they look about the same size as the rear. sorry the springs i got are racer design from nopi they are from a 00' eclipse. shouldn't these work with my kyb's?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drivingmy g-ride)</div><div class='quotemain'>how wide should the front coilovers be? should they look about the same size as the rear. sorry the springs i got are racer design from nopi they are from a 00' eclipse. shouldn't these work with my kyb's?</div>

If they are coilovers then yes, they will be the same width as the front generally. The rears should, however, be slightly less tightly coiled than the front and a bit shorter in height.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

driving my g-ride
    do you have to do aqny6 modifying to your kyb front struts ot get your front coil overs on? or should i sweet talk the wife for a set of ground controls. any suggestion on any other spings at a good deal any and all help would be a real help