The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Parts, Parts, Parts...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    not bad wheels. i wonder if they clear brembos - +35 offset?
    very doubtfull. the face design is too shallow to clear such big calipers. when trying to clear big brakes, the face design is more crucial than the offset... some wheels in the +40 range will clear brembos simply because of their face design... some wheels in the low +30's won't for the same reason.

he doesnt need to roll/cut the fenders, i have the exact rims and tire size on mine, actually the same suspension too (teins with kyb agx's). i've got a heavy system in my trunk and i've got maybe 1 finger gap on the back and about 2 finger gap on the front and mine has been camber corrected.
    Last edited by littlerick; 02-19-2010 at 05:13 PM

they are a lot nicer than my hub cap's ;)

i think ASA and BBS have something going, hence the similarity:

"In 1990, ASA decided to build a state-of-the-art alloy wheel manufacturing facility. Knowing the complexity and challenge this presented, ASA went to BBS in Germany to tap the best technical knowledge in facility design, manufacturing processes and quality controls for producing high quality alloy wheels. Production began at the new facility in Jeywon, South Korea in March 1992."

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/asa/asa_info.jsp
    i have two g's, the left and the right.....

Quote Originally Posted by endlessgwing View Post
    i think ASA and BBS have something going, hence the similarity:

"In 1990, ASA decided to build a state-of-the-art alloy wheel manufacturing facility. Knowing the complexity and challenge this presented, ASA went to BBS in Germany to tap the best technical knowledge in facility design, manufacturing processes and quality controls for producing high quality alloy wheels. Production began at the new facility in Jeywon, South Korea in March 1992."

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/asa/asa_info.jsp
    that explains it. standard operating procedure for korean companies... south korea is an EXPORT based economy. during the 80's and 90's, korean companies went on numerous inspection trips to large companies under the guise of possible partnership, then pretty much copied the originals either with or without license. this is well documented as they have done this to many companies in many industries. take a broader look at korean products and you will see glaring similarities to many european, japanese, and american products. they have recently begun to inject their own design cues but rewind 10-20 years ago when they were bluntly putting out cheaply made, off branded, copies of everything from computers and electronics to apliances and aftermarket parts. do not be confused, ASA is not BBS and BBS is not ASA. ASA is actually a subsidiary of HANKOOK.

all I could find on the internet is that they build a lot of factory wheels and ship them all over the world every year. about 70 percent of they're business is exporting factory wheels to Nissan, Renault and a few others. about 30 percent of they're business is aftermarket.
    They made a deal with BBS in 1997 that allowed them to use borrowed technology to build some really high quality wheels for race cars. The wheels I bought are nicer than the hubcaps I had before, The Dunlop's are super grippy so the car is more fun right off the bat.
    I don't care that they aren't two piece and I know the difference...
    don't care that the allen bolts are for show....
    Dont care if ASA worked with BBS or not..but I am sure they did.
    I had BBS rims on my Jetta...they were nice.
    These wheels look nice on this car, I just was wondering if they would rub.
    if they do I guess I'll get out the bat.
    I have to keep this thing on a budget
    but I want it to be fun to drive
    and I need a LOUD stereo.
    I have been customizing other peoples cars for 23 years while I drive around in a piece of crap with *%$*ed up paint.
    I'm not going to dump 20 grand into a galant, but I still like the car alot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12