The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant to Eclipse conversion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    Kain
    Why would anyone want a bigger, heaver, more difficult car like the Eclipse? I likes the Galant. It's got leg room, and I can get into it without bending my lanky self into a pretzel to assume the driving position. But, if you really want an Eclipse, buy one they're cheap and everywhere.

GalantsArePoopy
    yo, jip is the only guy here who is spot on. i want to get my shit inside an eclipse, so i save money from buying an eclipse, yet get to drive a sporty 2 door, rather than a 4 door family pooper.

so basically you guys are saying its not worth the money to fill an empty eclipse with galant internals? better off buying an eclipse?

HiperSilver
    yes, it will be the biggest waste of time and money and will leave people asking why?

sell your galant buy a gst or a gs, ive seen em for like 5-7k
    Why get an eclipse? Turbocharged from factory, legendary 4g63t engine, all wheel drive, excellent suspension, i dunno why i would get an eclipse, just ask the million dsmers out there. I WISH i could drive a 2nd gen gsx instead of my shit galant. I got tranny problems at 48k miles. its a complete turd, cant wait till graduation, hopefully i can get an EVO 8

GalantsArePoopy
    why cant you wait till graduation? im graduating from high school soon. do we get a brand new kick ass import when we graduate or something? where do i sign up!?

Yeah, i mean im here cause i have a galant, cause thats what mommy and daddy got me, but im not particularly proud of it. im not putting a penny into the car, except for sound, cause i can carry that to my next ride.

IllestGalant
    The eclipse looks like a girls car. how could you say you hate galants jip. You hate all of them or just yours?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>4 doors make me sick!</div>

I hear ya. Every time I see a 750 or an M5 it makes me sick too

Better idea. Weld the rear doors closed then seal them hehe.

Experienced TGC Member
    I hate all galants! dont take it personaly its just my opinion. But I'm stuck with this car, I might as well make the best of it and take it to the limits. I dont like 4door cars at all, im not talking about performance shit just plain old outside looks of the car, if I was buying a car I would never consider a 4door.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    ouch!!!

speak for yourself!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hate all galants! Â*dont take it personaly its just my opinion. Â*But I'm stuck with this car, I might as well make the best of it and take it to the limits. Â*I dont like 4door cars at all, im not talking about performance shit just plain old outside looks of the car, if I was buying a car I would never consider a 4door.</div>

Hehe.. each to their own I suppose But I personally would have no problems with this four door:

Experienced TGC Member
    DAMN right Ken!

I considered it, but I am not going to preach... done it too many times. Look up an old post of mine to hear the sermon

Basically, if you want to be like everyone else... get rid of the Galant. Want to be different? Original? Push the envelope? ...

Here's another "poopy" 4 Door...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

IllestGalant
    I think four door make for a more original look. It's not everyday you see a family sedan, slammed with chrome 18's, pumpin bass with a body kit, tints, and still runnin with f bodies...and looking good while you do it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think four door make for a more original look. It's not everyday you see a family sedan, slammed with chrome 18's, pumpin bass with a body kit, tints, and still runnin with f bodies...and looking good while you do it.</div>

Amen!
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Shiit I love my G as for looking like a family car, It does not :twisted: nor does it run like a family car. The eclipse is hot but too small for my big 6ft ass to get in. And you cant really manuever a girl in the back seat of it :twisted: My 4door galant looks way more sporty than all the 2 door eclipses I see in my city.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    lmao..I used to "manuever" with a girl in my tiny chevy beretta, I could handle an eclipse lol. Besides havnt done that in a car since I was 19 lol
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

GalantsArePoopy
    hey illestgalant, how you keepin up with f bodies? i cant take civic ex's....autos even.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Man...Rob (Jip) trips me out, but I respect him because he says what he says and stands on behind it. Though...I am opposite to him as far as opinions on Galants. I love Galants....shoot, ALL Eclipse chassis are based on our Galants...so if anything, the Galant is Big Daddy. I love 4 door cars...just the look they have when you "sport" them up. Plus...there is nothing like spanking a 2 door SPORTS car with a "family" car. *Ahem*...its nice when my buddy spanks SPORTS car and realize a 4 door EVO just ruined his manhood. On the other subject....I am either or on the subject on which motor is better...4g64 or 4g63. The 4g64 is a way older motor than the 4g63...and was actually the base platform on the design of the 4g63. The 4g64 was on the mid 80's Galants, Expos, and even the Mighty Max trucks. The 4g series motors are strong...believe it or not, I don't think you hear much on internal related problems with these motors in stock or lightly modified versions. The 4g63 was born in the very early 90's....into performance based platforms...the Galant VR-4 and eventually due to WRC rules changes into the Lancer Evolution. The 4g63 is a GREAT motor...its legendary and I have NOTHING bad to say about this motor. The aftermarket support behind the 4g63 is immense and it has a PROVEN track record in professional racing, street racing and daily driving. The big brother to the 4g63...the 4g64 in the other hand is really a untapped resource with TONS of potential. If you read up on top DSM racing teams like Magnus and Buscher they are using 4g64 shortblocks....reason, they make TORQUE and mating that with AWD....you pretty much have a even meaner monster. 4G64 shortblock swaps are the 2nd most popular among the DSM community....1g 6 bolt 4g63's into 2g's being the 1st. I am sure most of you know that the only differences between the 64 and 63 of course the cylinder head being SOHC....Longer stroke on 64 compared to the 63...Oil Squirters and channels don't exist on the 64 but on the 63...I believe the 64 has a slightlty larger cylinder wall size than the 63 and some other minor differences. Shoot...even more proof that the 4g64 and 4g63 are very close...DSM guys are stroking their 4g63's by putting in 4g64 cranks. Magnus is even selling a built Stage 3 4g64 short block that is claimed to support over 800+ horsepower with proper tuning. 4g series motors are great motors....its just the 4g63 is the most decorated.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    This subject is mad old I duno what nutjob went through the archives and dug it up... but I was speaking based on looks only. I know the potential for power is defintly there.. but looks wise I would take even a honda civic over a galant! I hate the way evo's look too... I just cant stand 4 door cars. If I was gona buy a 4door car based on overall package, looks, performance..etc.. it would be a WRX without even thinking twice.

new galants look like shit too the rear end looks OK the front end looks like shit...the whole pacakge looks like a wana be maxima, and I'd take a maxima over a galant too! Wasnt my choice to get this car as ive said many times, my chevy started spewin gas all over the place and I dumped it.

But while the galant is in my hands I will take it apart and build it up until I crash it or it explodes on me, or I get enough money to buy an eclipse and pull the 4g63 out and drop my 4g64 in. Love the engine and the simplicity of import engines...just hate the look of the galant.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I got it Rob...you hate 4 doors, and its all gravy still I'm the nutjob that dug this subject up...i was bored early this morning, sorry....I am not usually up to date on TGC events since I am not always on. :? The WRX is cool...its a nice car, but I would take a EVO anyday...anytime. In total performance test in pretty much every magazine I read...the EVO outdoes the WRX. I don't know...maybe I just have this loyalty towards the Triple Diamond...but the Evo just does it for me. I have driven both the EVO and WRX "STi" version....and even though the STi version has more claimed power, the Evo in stock version just feels like its MUCH more nimble and bigger balls at that. Oh well....I just have to get my 7g finished, because I am really looking into a EVO by next year.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

the_kage
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HiperSilver)</div><div class='quotemain'>..remember AWD platform is the way to go.. </div>

Yeah. Thats why Dave Busher and his 9 sec eclipse is Rwd.

Awd is good for your launches... other than that it just depends what you want to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12