The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant to Eclipse conversion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39
    GalantsArePoopy

Galant to Eclipse conversion

Hi i was wondering if you could get an eclipse body from a junkyard and tranfer all the internals from a Galant to the eclipse. Would it be cost effiecient?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    well the 2g eclipse is 68.3" wide and our 7gs are 68.1" wide so id say its possible. from just taking the the bumper you would have to mod it to get it mount and to get less gaps under the headlight. Im going to the junkyard int 2 weeks if there is a wrecked 2g eclipse there, im going to steal the front bumper(more like pay for it but yah )
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    What are you going to do with a stock 2g front bumper Seth? :?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

test fit it on my 7g and if it firs somewhat then i am going to fiberglass a little and try to make it fit...better to do it on a junkyard part before i go buy a body kit and screw that up
    7g for life!

good idea seth time for me to take a trip to the local junkyard! :-D

BEAST
    I remember seeing on the old board, someone did it. They put an eclipse front bumper the G. I don't remember exactly what they said about it, or who it was, I just remember seeing a pic of it.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think you guys stare at the screen so much that you just make up your own topics. He was asking if you could swap *internals* engine and shit into the eclipse, and dude im with you on that one I hate galant and wanted to swap the 4g64 into a hardtop eclipse. It is possible will be a bit of work.

Why dont you just sell the galant and just buy a used eclipse that would be the smarter thing to do.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

hehe JiP, always thinking on the positive side

as for eclipse "Engine" internals, if you find a 1g or 2g eclipse/talon/laser with a 4g63t engine the swap is rather simple from what i hear. Craig, white ghost(minus the 't'), trevmill, and a few others have done this swap. Craig has talked about it so much im sure he is tired of everyone asking questions, but you will find lots of usefull info on the swap...

BTW i am STILL going to try the front bumper conversion :lauging:
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    jesus seth lol He wants to swap Galant internals INTO THE ECLIPSE!~! Dont you see his name? he hates the galant like i do! lol The engine is aight...the body and everything else blow.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

thats possible but then u also have to think about how the eclipse got into the junk yard. many of them go into accidents that cost way too much to repair, compared to its value. another thing u gotta consider is the title of the car. its hard to sell a car with a junked title etc etc. so you gotta keep that in mind

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

wow i need to go back to kindergarden so i can re-learn how to read! Yay i getta take naps during school again!
    7g for life!

HiperSilver
    are you serious, or is this a joke topic,

anyways if you are serious, you have got the be the most car-retarded person i know wanting to swap a galant engine/internals into an eclipse.
    4g63t or 4g64, hrmmmm, turbo or n/a, hrmm, fast or slow.
    im not tryin to sound like an asshole but that would be the dumbest thing in the universe and i think it would get a laugh from everyone that knows something about cars. Sure u can argue that a 4g64 built just right will outrunt he dsm motor. But how many built 4g64 motors have u seen, i mean pistons, rods, internals strengthed, trans stregthned; not many at all.

BEAST
    This is a good point, but what about if he could only find an RS or a GS? Then it would definatly be worth it. And whether or not the Eclipse was a turbo or not, if he had the money, he could work on the engine while it was out and build it up.

HiperSilver
    well he stated that he would buy the body, with no motor. Rs or Gs if it had a motor , with knowledge of that motor u can get a Hahn Racecraft Stage 2 turbo kit and have that car running 13 second passes. I just dont see why u would buy the body, spend the money to have a foreign motor put in there that wasnt in the first place. I dunno, i guess i just see it from a opportunity cost point of view.

Experienced TGC Member
    The way I see it, I love the eclipse look. Im not a "racer" i dont enter competitions I dont ever plan to, cars are just my ultra expensive hobby.

I would defintly swap a 4g64 race built motor into an eclipse hardtop. I like the eclipse look, and the only motors i know like the back of my hand are the 4g63/4g64 series. 4g64 has a lot more potential then you think. And um the eclipse I would drop it into is a 420a, forget what model it is. Though if I got a 4g63t eclipse, I would pull that block and use the 4g64 block.

Btw an eclipse with a 4g63 will accept the 4g64 pretty easily, diy job if you have time and an engine lift And there are a lot more shops building up the 4g64 block lately. Just look at all the shit flyin around on ebay for the 4g63, the majority of those buyers are 4g64 people (on this group and on a few other dsm groups Im a member of). I think the best thing that ever happened for 4g64 runners is when someone figured out we can use parts from a g63 giving us tons of performance options that we didnt have before. There are few things built for a galant engine performance wise, a lot out there for the 4g63.

Also Moosh and I talk off line a lot he pointed out the fact that an eclipse weighs more then a galant...was a decent amount heavier too.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Personally I think the eclipse is a girls car! It just looks feminine to me. Anyway why not just go buy an eclipse? Look in autotrader or on line and see what you can find. It would be a lot cheaper and you could use the money you save to build the engine or even swap it if you want a 4g64

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member
    Well I think he wants to pull it from a junkyard because it will be dirt cheap. and probably not running, so using the 4g64 to give it life. If I bought a used running eclipse I would swap the 420a into the galant and sell it off, and keep my 4g64 with my eclipse. Galant is like a family car 4 doors make me sick!

Its all a matter of personal preference
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

BEAST
    I agree with Kimya, the 2nd gen eclipse is definatly a girls car, unless you go all out pimpin it out. The swap to put a 4g64 engine it would be very easy anyway. Are you guys forgeting that some of the 2nd gen. actually came with a 4g64 engine. They are called eclipse spyders.

Experienced TGC Member
    I know the 4g64 is in a spyder thats why I kept saying "Eclipse Hardtop"

The guy who started to the topic never posted anything again lol
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

HiperSilver
    i personally love eclipses, but why would u get a spyder, they are heavy... since its a convertable

i wouldnt see you would consider swapping a 4g64 instead of a 4g63t...

for starters even if the 4g64 is built, compare the price of building it CORRECTLY compared to building the 4g63t, -Bang for Buck

second of all the 4g63t is designed wiht a turbocharger, perfect platform to upgrade the turbo...IC, etc

i mean there is a huge aftermarket for the dsm motor compared to the 4g64.

And if you gonna build the 4g64 and make it into a race car...remember AWD platform is the way to go.. you can argue all you want but it comes down bang for buck, ease of parts, knowledge, what has been done and tried to what hasnt been really done that much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast