The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Using EVO 8 ENKEI 5 bolt Rims

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Using EVO 8 ENKEI 5 bolt Rims

Hi there ,
    Like the title said , i want to know can i use ENKEI 5 EVO 8 bolt rims on my 7g 4 bolt hub wheels with a custom spacer or something else ? if you have any idea or you did already this work , please let me know ASAP cuz i found the good deal on this rims here . they are 17"x 8J and really lightweight rims .

Thank you in advance !
    Ali Viento
    1g STOCK 6 bolt ,HKS 272's, EVO 9 SP/Rt , EVO3 16g BIG Ported ,FORGE WG, 34mm flapper , Evo 3 Manifold ported , link V3 , Hallman MBC , 2g MAF , K&N filter ,injen pipe , prothane MM , Aero FPR , 550cc , FP Walbro 255, FP red filter , Greddy S-type BOV, AEM WB , Magnecore 8.5mm wires, Full 2.5" exhaust , ARP head studs ,8g VR4 strut bar.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you will have to do a 5 lug conversion. which isnt very difficult but in terms of them acually fitting, there are a few people that have them on with no issues

Yeah its pretty easy. You can get brand new hubs/bearings on ebay for dirt cheap.

if you are a decent macinist, and you have a 5 lug brake rotor to go by, you can knock out 3 of your studs, place the 5 lug rotor over the hub(and the one remaining stud) then centerpunch the 4 new holes.... then drill them out. Once you have your holes drilled out, then you just install the 4 other studs. if you have a 5 lug rotor you can lay it over your 4 lug rotor, clamp it in place, then drill our the 5 lug pattern into the 4 lug rotor.
    I'm not sure how you'd go about the rear drum if you have them.
    Best way obviously is to get the 5 lug bearings.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ali_viento View Post
    Hi there ,
    Like the title said , i want to know can i use ENKEI 5 EVO 8 bolt rims on my 7g 4 bolt hub wheels with a custom spacer or something else ? if you have any idea or you did already this work , please let me know ASAP cuz i found the good deal on this rims here . they are 17"x 8J and really lightweight rims .

Thank you in advance !
    Ali Viento
    back in the day i was looking for that kind of spacers/adapters, but you have to understand that if you want to do upgrade brakes and stuff, 4 lug is no good. I mean you can drill them out, but it isnt justified.

Just get all parts off eclipse/not the GSX for the rear/. i have switched many front spindles, because i had bunch of negative camber messing the bearings up. they cheap
    Last edited by mko; 02-15-2010 at 12:27 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread