The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy E-manage

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Greddy E-manage

Just got to lookn around again, and was wondering. What will one of these E-manages do to a stock motor? Would it affect performance or even everyday driving? (Just Curious)

on a stock motor, an e-manage would be , at best, useless... if not installed and programmed correctly it would hurt a stock motor and performance. an e-manage would mainly be used to compensate for significant motor modifications where the stock ECU would not be able to be tuned to compensate for additional needs in timing/fuel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    on a stock motor, an e-manage would be , at best, useless... if not installed and programmed correctly it would hurt a stock motor and performance. an e-manage would mainly be used to compensate for significant motor modifications where the stock ECU would not be able to be tuned to compensate for additional needs in timing/fuel etc.
    Ok..i jus got back to this..kinda forgot cuz i was jus wondering bout it. I didnt think it would rele do anything.Thanks
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

Experienced TGC Member
    You have an 01 Galant, which means your ECU is flashable. You are better off using EcuFlash to tune your car, stock or modified, then spending another few hundred dollars on a piggyback engine management system.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

I thot the 01 ECU was jus better for 5 speed swaps..I hadnt found anywhere that said that. (i dont think)..So im not gonn need like the Greddy or anything??

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_fresh_Galant View Post
    I thot the 01 ECU was jus better for 5 speed swaps..I hadnt found anywhere that said that. (i dont think)..So im not gonn need like the Greddy or anything??
    No ECU is "better" for the 5spd swap really. The tuning is all done with what I mentioned above, but the best way to tune for the money is EcuFlash. For the 4cyl platform running N/A the 01-03 ECU will work to tune with, for a boosted setup swapping in the Evo ECU is what you will need.

There is a lot of information posted here that I know a search will find, but don't expect it to come "easy" as there is a lot to learn and read up on for tuning.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

No, ones you have modified your engine or w/e you flash your ECU, and tune it.

4g64T 5spd

Welll i ve read on here alot of things about the wiring diagrams, and it looks way too complitcated to be messed with by anyone less than Proffesional.

Omega: So, dont even have to swap it? jus take it to dealer?? cuz theres realy no type of turbo shop where im at.

Experienced TGC Member
    Welll i ve read on here alot of things about the wiring diagrams, and it looks way too complitcated to be messed with by anyone less than Proffesional.

Omega: So, dont even have to swap it? jus take it to dealer?? cuz theres realy no type of turbo shop where im at.
    It seems you still need to do more research and reading. You could take the car to a dealer, but most likely they will not have any idea of what is going on or what needs to be done. If you have no understanding of the tuning process, it leads many of us to believe you may not fully understand what is involved with this type of build either. If you have no speed shops around you, then I suggest one of two things;

A) Find a speed shop that can do all of the work for you, and have a big expense account ready, or B) Start learning everything yourself with the information provided on these forums and others, save some money, and truly understand what is involved or needs to be done.

If you can't manage either one of these then I am afraid to say you are diving in over your head into something that will not end well. I have added 4 links below off the top of my head that I know has plenty of good reference material and reading. If you can't do an ECU Swap, or basic wiring yourself then I would suggest taking time to learn, or move past this type of build...

Tuning Questions
    Evo ECU Setup
    ECU Swap Discussion
    EcuFlash and other Tuning Information
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 02-23-2010 at 12:31 AM

www.blackheartmotors.net

you could flash your stock ecu to eek out better performance. but you'll need a wideband and/or a dyno.

slightly off topic: I looked at my stock 03 rom and it goes up to 260 load. Lol.

SPD FRK: I know the wiring process, i been working with wire for 5 years but id hate to kno my car wont run bcuz i messed it up somewhere...i havent researched long enough i kno but thats why im not starting another build until into the summer. I had plenty money ready but the i had alot of things go wrong with my car.

QNZ: can a dealer flash it? Im guessin if they can it would be extremly expensive?
    Last edited by The_fresh_Galant; 02-23-2010 at 02:39 PM