The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tuning question...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

tuning question...

i'm turboing my 2000 es and the guy who's doing it only has programs to tume honda's. he wants to know what would be a good program to tune my g-lant. and not safc because it isn't a good program. haha

thanx Brett
    2000 G-lant ES

program: ecuflash
    engine management: evo 8 ecu

he just wants to tune my car the way it is when we turbo it.
    2000 G-lant ES

Quote Originally Posted by galant108 View Post
    he just wants to tune my car the way it is when we turbo it.
    you need to search and research this has been answered. The evo ecu can be tuned in many more categories than the stock one and are good to like 600 hp. Get an evo 8 ecu and stop listening to a guy who tunes hondas.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...&highlight=ecu

read that thread there was a lot discussed.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 02-16-2010 at 12:57 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    you need to search and research this has been answered. The evo ecu can be tuned in many more categories than the stock one and are good to like 600 hp. Get an evo 8 ecu and stop listening to a guy who tunes hondas.
    Like he said, the Galant ECU at this time will not read above 100% load (basically will NOT read boost pressure). The Evo ECU will read above 100% (I believe 260% is max, but they can be "re-mapped" to read up to 300%).

You will need to spend a great deal of time doing some re-wiring to run just the Evo Ecu itself, I believe most have been running the Evo Ecu tapped into the Galant Ecu due to the A/T issue, but I am almost certain there is a way to wire the Evo Ecu in by itself. Check with "johnathansgalant" (believe that is his username here) as he has covered this specific item quite well.

Your only other option, and a poor one IMHO, is to buy a Greddy Emanage Blue or Ultimate and wire into the system. This is bascially a piggyback unit on the stock Galant Ecu and will allow you to tune for boost as well, but at the additional cost of the unit.

I will tell you right now, from my own personal endeavor on the EcuFlash stuff for the V6 platform, there is a shit load of information you need to learn if using the EcuFlash to tune. The 4cyl crowd like yourself and others have an "easy out" with the Evo Ecu, or ROM flash in order to read boost. The V6 platform currently has no flash available to use in order to read above 100% load...this is something I have been spending a great deal of time on myself, and trying to get assistance from others on as well.

My point here is, if this guy knows and understands the EcuFlash program, the requirement of the necessary ROM and deifnition files, the he should be able to wirie in an Evo ECU by itself with no issues. If the guy who is doing your tuning does not know the EcuFlash program and all it requires...find a new tuner or forget about putting a turbo onto you car...it will only blow up and you will be out of all the money you spent.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net