The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: motor swap

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Icon5 motor swap

i know people have already answer this question but i need to know what motors can be put in a galant.if i can get a little list of motors that will be very helpfull and will they be direct bolt on thanxs alot and if are going to leave a smart ass comment dont bother

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    two motors:

If you have an I4, you can swap your 4G64 for a 4G63T
    If you have a V6, you can swap you 6G72 for a 6G74, direct swap, or to a 6G75 with some modification.

Just feel lucky that I'm being nice. I don't even know if you bothered to use the search feature, but if you looked up "engine swap," you'll see that within the first 10 listings is my build thread (6G74 and 5 speed swapped) and SPD_FRK's, which is in the process of being 6G75 swapped

is the 4g63t a direct bolt on and is there a certin year i need

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    again, if you searched "4g63t", you would have found this thread:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ighlight=4g63t

a little far down, but the title is pretty blunt about what it will be discussing. Although the thread is far from complete, you can still get your information from it. And if you're too lazy to read through 4 pages and search through this forum, then I believe it's safe to say that you are too lazy to complete an engine swap. I searched Club3G for over a year and read through some 40 pages of the 3.5L engine swap thread before I finally got around to doing my swap.