The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002 Grill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

2002 Grill

I have been searching for this for a few days now and i couldnt find anything. I would like to know if its possible to use the 8G 1999-2001 grill, on the 2002 model G that I have. We have that shark fin looking nose on our front bumper, but i want to know if i cut that off, will the 99-01 grill fit into the holes.

Yes, but you will need to use plactic to cover where the beak was. As far as i know, nobody has done this to a G yet but i has been done to EVOs.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Awsome man, thanks for the quick reply. I really like that zenki style grill and i would like to have one. I will see if i can find the grill from a junk yard and give it a shot. If everything works out good i will post pics and maybe a tutorial.

i really wanna know if this works, the 02-03 bumper would look so good with a zenki grill

photoshop of it on my car:

that looks sick did you put a jdm zenki on it??

Dude, the pic is photoshopped.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

TGC Regular
    it works, ive done it before but it never looked right to me for some reason. Maybe I've looked at the 02-03 so long that it grew on me. I would just do the 99-01 or the vr-4 style front. Just IMO it looks sad that it lost it's nose...

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Haha nice photoshop pic, looks awsome man. Hopefully mine looks just as flush whenever i get my hands on the grill. Thanks for the input fellas, more motivation to meh

The only person here that cut the nose piece off and fill it with plastic on a 2003 bumper was a project I did back in 2004 which involved molding a Mugen front lip (some of you OG may remember that project). The process was very difficult to perfect and because the nose piece was used as a stress point in the middle (hence the center bracket behind the grille), it tends to warp and cause unsightly stress marks where the nose used to be. Because of the stress marks , I had to ditch the project alltogether. There are pics of the project I just have to dig them up from my hard drive. It's just time consuming.

^lets see those pics G-spot!!!!!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Dude, the pic is photoshopped.
    i know it is i was wondering if he photoshopped a jdm one in, someones modified one or a ebay one

haha actually i used a grill from the picture of an evo and just shaped it to fit the grill area

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    wow if i still had my 02 front that would look sexo...

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I could make an 02-03 bumper to accommodate a 99-01 grill and look factory, no bubble or any issues around the nose. I deleted the license plate on Ivorys and Polishmafias JDM bumpers. Converting an 02-03 bumper to accommodate other grills would be cake. I would need an 02-03 and 99-01 bumpers.

Im going to do one soon, like few months, since I want a 02-03 front bumper on my 01 but with 99-01 grill.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-19-2010 at 12:41 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I could make an 02-03 bumper to accommodate a 99-01 grill and look factory, no bubble or any issues around the nose. I deleted the license plate on Ivorys and Polishmafias JDM bumpers. Converting an 02-03 bumper to accommodate other grills would be cake. I would need an 02-03 and 99-01 bumpers.

Im going to do one soon, like few months, since I want a 02-03 front bumper on my 01 but with 99-01 grill.
    Yeah my bumper you did is flawless, love it all day.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

you could probably do a cut beak and liberal grill combo to cover the hole.

Cool, all of theese ideas sound great. So the 99-01 front bumper cover will fit my 2002 G, with no issues?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    Cool, all of theese ideas sound great. So the 99-01 front bumper cover will fit my 2002 G, with no issues?
    Yes, you just have to remove the bracket that holds the nose of the 02-03 bumper or the new grill wont it. I need an 02-03 bumper free if anyone want to donate one.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    ^ I would if my dad would actually let me mod the car while I was paying him off T-T.

Worthless post, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

TGC Regular
    You can always go to a junkyard, like a pick a part, to try it out like I did one time. If you dont like the look then oh wells. doesnt cost you aside from entrance fee, time, and watever your thinking to use to fill it up.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast