The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post your all-time favorite wheel!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 163
    derrick

blue8g
    eww konigs......and i like how you like the knock-offs but don't mention the real deal

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    eww konigs......and i like how you like the knock-offs but don't mention the real deal
    those are what he likes, why do you have to hate on that?

blue8g
    this is why

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    those are what he likes, why do you have to hate on that?
    KONIG is horrible. take it from my personal experience. i would rather roll steel stockers than KONIG.

derrick
    The volk re30 are hard to get a hold on in phx,az i went too many rim shops and they told me they on back order even the konig,s runways are out of stock ......

Quote Originally Posted by derrick View Post
    The volk re30 are hard to get a hold on in phx,az i went too many rim shops and they told me they on back order even the konig,s runways are out of stock ......
    You can always Call Volk Wheels directly, they'll happily do one of two things 1) Refer you to a dealer (which they have plenty nationwide), or 2) sell to you directly.

I love these wheels, just wish they were out their in a 19".

The company is Stern, I'm not even sure the particular model of wheel.

there are plenty of shops that have them in stock in other areas, (i know my shop has them in stock)... order them.

dude i just searched them on TIRERACK to see if they had them and they are on closeout sale price right now!

I'm drooling with those good looking wheels! My favorite are the Advan RS and Volk Challenge.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

derrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    there are plenty of shops that have them in stock in other areas, (i know my shop has them in stock)... order them.
    why do you think that konig are bad rims?........ ive had some in the pass and they did just fine .....

why do you think that konig are bad rims?........ ive had some in the pass and they did just fine .....
    they are made out of tin foil. i had a set and had to buy 2 more because they bend just from looking at them. so after 6 wheels and constantly getting them made round again by a wheel repair shop i did this:

i am not alone in my experience w/ KONIG's. look it up on google. there are hundreds of stories about KONIG's like this and pictures of spokes shattering and wheels bending like molten metal.

on top of them being soft, they are merely cheap copies (knockoffs); mine were copies of VOLK RACING AV3's. there are so many original designs made by reputable companies that there is no need to get knockoffs ever. the only reason to buy knockoffs is that they are CHEAP, but the old adage is true, u get what u pay for; and by buying cheap, you let everyone know you are cheap as well. hell you can even buy the real thing used for near the same price as the copies new. i replaced the crap KONIG's w/ real deal VOLK RACING wheels (new because i don;t personally buy anything used) and even went 1" bigger and 1.5" wider... never had a problem w/ my new forged multi piece wheels.

I would almost buy a Civic or other 4x100 vehicle JUST to be able to buy and use these wheels...absolutely gorgeous!!

WORK RSZ-R (True Gunmetal)

Also you can own them for only $2200 + Shipping!!

http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=2902/

blue8g
    ^that's a bad price......i know a guy who got some for 950 with tires

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    ^that's a bad price......i know a guy who got some for 950 with tires
    Not brand new, in box.

blue8g
    where does it say those were brand new in box?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    they are made out of tin foil. i had a set and had to buy 2 more because they bend just from looking at them. so after 6 wheels and constantly getting them made round again by a wheel repair shop i did this:

i am not alone in my experience w/ KONIG's. look it up on google. there are hundreds of stories about KONIG's like this and pictures of spokes shattering and wheels bending like molten metal.

on top of them being soft, they are merely cheap copies (knockoffs); mine were copies of VOLK RACING AV3's. there are so many original designs made by reputable companies that there is no need to get knockoffs ever. the only reason to buy knockoffs is that they are CHEAP, but the old adage is true, u get what u pay for; and by buying cheap, you let everyone know you are cheap as well. hell you can even buy the real thing used for near the same price as the copies new. i replaced the crap KONIG's w/ real deal VOLK RACING wheels (new because i don;t personally buy anything used) and even went 1" bigger and 1.5" wider... never had a problem w/ my new forged multi piece wheels.

i hear that. i had a set of konigs way back on my old car and they were made of mush. i cracked 2 of them and bent 3. after replacing some and getting others repaired i had enough and got rid of them

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    I would almost buy a Civic or other 4x100 vehicle JUST to be able to buy and use these wheels...absolutely gorgeous!!

WORK RSZ-R (True Gunmetal)

Also you can own them for only $2200 + Shipping!!

http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=2902/
    sorry to bump this...........but Dave they make these wheels in 5x114.3

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=2765229
    Last edited by blue8g; 06-10-2010 at 07:27 PM

They would only see service on my Galant in 19" or greater sizes.

blue8g
    ......weaksos.............lol

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast