The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camshaft Position Sensor 3.0 V6

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Icon4 Camshaft Position Sensor 3.0 V6

Where the hell is it located at? My car produced 3 codes today and that was one of them and the EGR valve which I replaced today but I cant find the Camshaft sensor if anyone has any idea where its at please HELP! Thanks
    I am hung like planet pluto hard to see with the naked eye but if I crashed into uranis I would stick where the sun dont shine I am kind of like Han Solo always stroking my own wookie.

should be on top, or maybe bottom, on the right or left side of the engine, by the timeing belt. before you buy a new 1 make sure the one in there still works. it could just be out of wack and seting a code. take it out, clean it, put it back in better. if you aint got a misfire it should be straight. that gap between the sensor and rotor must be set correctly.

Always looking to make my life better, and then my car!

im pretty sure its in the distributor
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    On the V6 it is definitely part of the distributor assembly. If that code is thrown, and in fact the sensor is bad...time for a new distributor. You can find them on Ebay for a reasonable price. I picked up one last summer from a 3rd Gen Eclipse for about $70 I believe

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    oh yea you right. i was thinking of the ckp.

well it had 3 codes total the EGR the Camshaft sensor and the 4th cylinder misfire so I will check it and clean it and see if that does the trick Thanks for the quick response .
    I am hung like planet pluto hard to see with the naked eye but if I crashed into uranis I would stick where the sun dont shine I am kind of like Han Solo always stroking my own wookie.

ok so now you talking bout a misfire? P0304? yea fully check your ignition system. find out why you got that misfire. a faulty egr + misfire = burnt cat.

Yeah sorry I should have said something about the Misfire . Really my cat could cause a cylinder to misfire? Sorry if that sounds stupid but I am not a complete motor head I just learned something today. But the 4th cylinder is the one misfiring if that has an relevance .

naw a cat cant cause a misfire. im just saying a misfire will cause an incomplete combustion in your cylinder and then what ever dont get burned in the cylinder will burn in the cat maybe causeing it to over heat and then your cat is shot. im jus saying watch out for the blinking engine light. that means you got a misfire that is threatening the cat