The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HVAC Knobs

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

HVAC Knobs

Heres a teaser, the first one to be finished. The other two are still have wet epoxy on them, so I will have pics of them later on.

Last edited by mko; 02-20-2010 at 11:29 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Build Thread

Hris your whole dash and console is comming along nicley!
    Side note╚, I wonder you can hollow out the cup holder and mount the safc in there...laying down...just an idea.

I like the new knobs but I don't like the whiteface.

The white draws too much attention and clashes with the wood. No reason to draw interest to HVAC controls since they aren't terribly exciting (still just knobs). Were I you I'd pull the cup holder and sorage bin and make up a nice display area with your SAFC and any other gauges you'd like handy and change your HVAC faces back. Draw attention to the interesting bits you'd like to showcase not random parts.

But that's just me...

Edit: If you like the white I'd get rid of the fake wood and go with black plastic. It'll match the gauge cluster better.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 02-21-2010 at 06:51 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

For real. I cant find a that piece in good condition. i really want to get rid of the woodgrain plastic. yeah, the white face gauges were trendy back in the day, Ill get rig of them eventually, but I cant just get rid of the cup holder. me drinks too much coffee. The safc has some Velcro on the back so its not hanging around in there,

Build Thread

i had the flat black radio trim plate and auto shifter plate that i got lucky finding in a junk yard one day. had the woodgrain set that you have. but some tards thought it would be cool to try and steal my head unit(even though it didnt work at the time) and broke the trim peices up. i was so steamed. but great job on the knobs. thats a part of my G i didnt really think about modding.
    98 Galant ES
    Current Mods - To many to mention here.
    Future Plans - 4G63T swap and 5 speed swap
    Big Thanks To YOU ALL for all the help you provide

A1 Salvage in Farmington NM has several 7g cars with good black radio/hvac bezels. I'm sure they'd pull one and ship it to you. 1-800-530-8571.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

I am gonna call that number! I had the same issue....had the black the car came with and some tool thought he would try to steal my Head Unit anf just fucked up my console. Then when the bolt in my shifter snapped I killed the bezzle around the shifter so I need a new one too.

I Agree...looks good but it stands out too much against that wood. If you have white face gauges in the dash though, at least it brings it together. Good job

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"